Update On Spencer

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I don't know how to edit my original post to give an update so here it is. The original post is: http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=190129&hl=

Spencer had to stay overnight at the vet hospital Monday night because of his throwing up which caused bad dehydration. He was hooked up to an IV to get fluids for 24 hours. He got a shot to stop the vomiting but he had explosive uncontrolled liquid diarreah so he was losing fluids that way too. Poor guy! His blood tests all came back negative as did his x-rays so it's a mystery as to what caused him to get so sick. I picked him up Tuesday night - the vet left the catheter in in case he started vomiting again and basically sat up all night with him because I was worried. He is eating normally but on a high fiber diet to soak up liquid. I took Wednesday off just to monitor him. Wednesday evening I took him back to the vet for a final check up and to have the catheter removed. Thursday and today he was acting back to normal. No more diarreah, no vomiting and frisky and happy. He did lose 4 pounds though so he looks skeletal so I'm working on getting his weight back up without upsetting his tummy.

I will mention that this morning, I heard Spencer choking and sounding like he was going to vomit again and I flew into a big time panic. I called him to me and he stumbled and it looked like he was losing control of his back end as his back legs buckled. Not sure if this was because he was coughing/choking at the same time he was moving towards me or not. I'm extra paranoid right now!

Thank you all for your prayers! I do believe that they helped Spencer a great deal!

Hugs!

Donna

Guest Spencers_Greyt
Sending lots of prayers. I would call the vet and tell him what you said about the choking/movement issues.

Thanks! I'm going to wait and see if it happens again and if so then I will for sure call the vet.

Guest Kpparker

:hope :hope :hope :hope

Tavi and Bia hope you get better real soon Spencer, and tell mummy that when your tummy feels better you want lots of treats to help put back on those lost pounds.