Someone Chewed It Up.....

Guest TBSFlame

Guest TBSFlame

My dh and I went out to dinner tonight. When I got home I find a chewed dinosaur toy. It was made out of that rubbery plastic stuff??? I don't know who chewed it. A lot of it is gone. My grandsons were over this past week end and I have no idea where the dog(s) found it. Now I am worried. A lot of it is missing. If it gets stuck inside.....what should I be looking for? How long should I expect it to take to pass or make them sick? I always put Mem in her crate when we leave, but we were not going to be gone very long ,so I left her out. Why, didn't I just put her in her crate. It's my fault. :weep I can't take much more. :weep:weep Of course, I really don't know who chewed the toy.

Oh Linda! :grouphug

Watch the poop for a few days and hopefully you will see the pieces. I would pay special attention to Memmy ;)

:grouphug

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest TBSFlame
Oh Linda! :grouphug

Watch the poop for a few days and hopefully you will see the pieces. I would pay special attention to Memmy ;)

:grouphug

I have no choice but to pay attention to Mem. She is my shadow and lap dog you know. I would bet my life it was her. The stinker.

It all depends on how small she chewed it, but there's a good chance she'll be fine.

Watch for vomiting, straining to poop, going off her food, drinking a lot (some do that if their stomach is sore), also looking anxious and standing with the belly tucked up and the back arched, head low. That last one is a sign of severe abdominal discomfort/pain.

If she's eating and drinking normally and pooping on schedule and seems lively - or as lively as usual - just keep an eye on what passes. If she shows any of the signs above, get her looked at. Good luck! :goodluck

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

All fingers crossed here!

FWIW, of all the Unapproved Objects that dogs in my care have eaten over the years, Joseph's adventure has been the only one that caused a problem. Most such things pass without difficulty.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest TBSFlame

I was late for work this morning because I was checking 5 greyhounds poop. I had a stick and was really checking. If my boss ask me why I am late.......do you think he will believe that one? Everyone seems fine and all poop was normal this morning. I keep all my gransons toys in a locking container. I looked under the sofa this morning hoping to find more toy. There is still of lot of that body missing. Still hoping I find more of it.

It all depends on how small she chewed it, but there's a good chance she'll be fine.

Watch for vomiting, straining to poop, going off her food, drinking a lot (some do that if their stomach is sore), also looking anxious and standing with the belly tucked up and the back arched, head low. That last one is a sign of severe abdominal discomfort/pain.

If she's eating and drinking normally and pooping on schedule and seems lively - or as lively as usual - just keep an eye on what passes. If she shows any of the signs above, get her looked at. Good luck! :goodluck

Thanks, Silverfish. It helps to know just what I need to be looking for.