Upset Tummy

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hi everyone - my foster Clyde throws up periodically. Last night he threw up about an hour after he ate, all his food. So I didn't feed him anything but a quarter cup rice. It's now 2am and he was crying to go outside and then he ate a bunch of grass. Now his poor tummy is gurgling and making all sorts of noises which tells me that he's either going to vomit again or have diarreah.

Does anyone know what I can give Clyde to settle his stomach? Unfortunately I don't have any Pepto in the house (it's on my list to pick up) so I was wondering if there's something else I can do until the stores open?

Thanks!

Guest Spencers_Greyt
Hi everyone - my foster Clyde throws up periodically. Last night he threw up about an hour after he ate, all his food. So I didn't feed him anything but a quarter cup rice. It's now 2am and he was crying to go outside and then he ate a bunch of grass. Now his poor tummy is gurgling and making all sorts of noises which tells me that he's either going to vomit again or have diarreah.

Does anyone know what I can give Clyde to settle his stomach? Unfortunately I don't have any Pepto in the house (it's on my list to pick up) so I was wondering if there's something else I can do until the stores open?

Thanks!

I couldn't find an edit button but here's an update:

I didn't think anyone would be up at this time so I did some searching here and what I have read suggests Pepcid might be better than Pepto and that a slice of bread might help the tummy gurgling. I did feed Clyde a piece of bread about 5 minutes ago and haven't heard anything from his tummy yet. I'm hoping that settles it til I can get to the store!

If I were up, I would have suggested Pepcid or Zantac, I dont think it could hurt. The bread is a good idea as well. Update again and let us know what's happening.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Update:

Clyde seems better this morning. I gave him 1/2 cup kibble with 1 cup white rice and so far so good. He also had half in half poop - part firm, part liquid. I gave him some immodium and will get him pepcid when I can. Unfortunately my Airedale girl Emmy is also sick now - she refuses to eat and this is a dog that hasn't missed a meal EVER and she's listless. So I have a vet appt. for her at 10:30. Wow what a roller coaster today!

Guest Scouts_mom

Poor Emmy--I hope it is something simple to treat.

For Clyde, it might just be nerves. My Mindy always gets a gurgling tummy when we visit the family--she's always nervous during the car ride and the first hours in the new house.

Edited by Scouts_mom

Guest Spencers_Greyt
Poor Emmy--I hope it is something simple to treat.

For Clyde, it might just be nerves. My Mindy always gets a gurgling tummy when we visit the family--she's always nervous during the car ride and the first hours in the new house.

You might be right about the nerves! I had to leave Clyde alone and crated yesterday while Emmy & Spencer were at doggie day care. And I forgot to leave the TV on for company so he might have gotten upset about being alone.

Guest ibeakila

I, too am going thru that with my other grey, she gets very nervous, stomach noises, outside to eat grass and will not eat in morning if the stomach starts up. Brown rice instead of white. I also boil ground turkey, string beans and rice. Zap it in morning and night, very bland, sometimes a pepcid. She does ok with this. Been to vet so many times, they want to scope or open her stomach to see what is going on, I do not want to do this yet.

Guest RICHandJUDE

My male greyt gets the rumblng stomach at times and won't eat his kibble. He will graze the grass if I let him outside. Usually he doesn't throw up.

The other morning, he wouldn't eat. He did graze when he was let outside. I could hear his stomach growling etc from 15 feet or more. I took the kibble away from him and gave him white rice and part of a chicken breast.

He loves rice and chicken. I gave him a little at a time. Soon his stomach quit growling and he seemed to be OK. I fed him rice and chicken the rest of the day. He is fine right now.