Swollen Toe

Miss Sadi decided she wasn't getting enough attention on Xmas morning :rolleyes: ....her left front inside toe swelled up....I had noticed her holding her foot up a couple of times when we went for our morning walk, but thought she had just trodden in something that felt "icky" (she does that sometimes :blush ) but about an hour later when we were back home I noticed the toe....she let me and DH examine it without any fuss, so it can't have been very painful and it wasn't much warmer than her other toes.

We decided that it wasn't an emergency and that we would take her to the vet if it wasn't all back to normal by today....the swelling has gone down mostly, but there is still a hardish lump around the last toe joint which worries me a bit so she is off to the vet to have it checked out. A few good GT thoughts would be most appreciated ;)

btw. when I phoned to make the appt. the receptionist took my name and address and then I heard her chuckle....she said "It says she's a lovely dog on her notes".....I said "Aww, isn't that nice" :)

Edited by scullysmum

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Dang greyhound toes. Hope it's nothing serious. Likely she just bumped it somehow. Well wishes coming from DC :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Sorry to hear sadi has got a poorly toe , of course she is a lovely dog ,like her owners, ;) or is it the company she keeps some times keeps:lol hope sadi`s toe gets better real soon , unlike peps which does`nt bother him much but still makes me anxious :rolleyes: update please.

The Vet thinks it's either a strain or an infection, so to cover both eventualities she has given her anti-inflammatories and antibiotics....the toe does seem to be slightly less swollen this morning :)

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Chloe had the same thing a few weeks back. I gave it a few days and it went away.

Glad to hear the vet didn't see this as serious.

Happy to hear it looks better too!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh I'm sorry Miss Sadi has an oweee...her lil brudder Gogh sends slobber kisses.

dec21518.jpg

My blue greyhound Brogan got a swollen toe...we had to amputate because the nail bed was infected. He didn't even notice. As a matter of fact, my Sadie-Grey had a toe do the same thing & we had to amp that one too. Infected bone...She didn't notice either.

I think you need to take off work, spend all your time with her & tell Chris to fend for himself.....no wait...he needs to wait on both of ya'll. :hehe

That was so nice that the reception said that about Miss Sadi...of course she's a lovely girl!!!

Edited by Snowy8