Henry's Potassium Bromide Is A Different Color...

Guest EmilyAnne

Guest EmilyAnne

Is it normal for the color of potassium bromide to vary in color? What kind of factors affect the color? The stuff I got from the adoption group when we adopted Henry was clear in color. The stuff from my vet is light brown. :unsure

Guest EmilyAnne

Grr... I did NOT want it flavored! I am afraid of every little thing triggering seizures and therefore want PLAIN potassium bromide, and I will be requesting they make me up a new bottle of unflavored Potassium Bromidefor FREE if that is case. This place charged ten times more than anyone else. The reason being their stuff is supposedly more exact and mistake free. yet they got the dose on the bottle wrong, and now this. I am wondering if it is double strengthh stuff and that is why the dose in the bottle was only half what it was for the other stuff? Except it says on the bottle 250mg which the old stuff was too.

Guest EmilyAnne

Ok, the vet's office called, and they said that different pharmacist's have different ways of making it, so the color is nothing to be worried about. Unfortunately this is the only potassium bromide I have on hand, so I am going to use it, but I will be watching Henry like like a HAWK. All the mistakes they made on the label just make me feel very leery about all this.