Odd Rash

Guest greyt_learner

Guest greyt_learner

I just got on the floor to cuddle with my boy, and I noticed a rash under his arm. It is about an inch long and half an inch wide, but it has another red ring all around it as far as I can see. I will be making a vets appt, but just wondered if this sounds familiar to anyone.

Thanks

Can you get a picture of it and post it? the first thing I thought of was something was irritating his underside, but the ring has me questioning it further.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greyt_learner

I'll try and get a photo - it's a major operation to get photos from the camera to the computer where I can download them, then onto a computer with internet access to post them:( I may make it before Christmas.... hehe

Can't really tell from the photo, but a rash with a ring around it sounds like a classic description of ringworm. Ringworm as you may know, is not a 'worm' but a fungal disease, and under the arm would be a good place for fungus being warm and maybe a little damp.

It's treatable, but the sooner you start the better. Oh, and in case it is ringworm, I wouldn't use any cream with cortisone in it, it will make it worse. ;)

Let us know what the vet says!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest greyt_learner

Sorry for the rotten quality of the picture. I did wonder if dogs could get ringworm - I've had it myself many, many years ago, but have no idea where he could have picked it up. I'll find out for sure asap.

Yes, I agree. I would have it looked at. Please update.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest charmsmom

It sounds like classic ringworm to me also. Just so you know, it is VERY, VERY contagious! I mean...VERY contagious!! It can also be very difficult to get rid of. Anti-fungal would be in order ASAP!

Guest greyt_learner

Really strange - I was going to take him to the vet this morning - it was the first I could get in. when I got up, I could barely see any redness at all. I'm starting to think that it was a scratch he got while rummaging in the woods and it was coincidentally in a rounded shape. Anyway, I will be keeping a close eye on the area to see if anything shows up.