Gidge's Corns Came Back

I had to have Zema's hulled @ every 3 weeks for a looooooooooooong time, until we did the hull-plus-laser thing. 9 months after that, she got two small ones (one was same place); had those hulled @ 5 weeks ago, no return yet.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I had to have Zema's hulled @ every 3 weeks for a looooooooooooong time, until we did the hull-plus-laser thing. 9 months after that, she got two small ones (one was same place); had those hulled @ 5 weeks ago, no return yet.

We take her once a month to have the corns hulled and her nails trimmed. What is the hull-plus-laser thing?

Want the dremel back?

Uh - no. :blink:

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

What is the hull-plus-laser thing?

When Zema was in for her dental in January, while she was still under, doc hulled her Big Monster Corn again and then just barely touched the surface (the corn divot) with the laser. Not trying to remove extra tissue, just sorta cauterizing it. After that, girlie was corn-free for a good 9 months.

Don't know that you'd have to put a dog totally out to do it -- might be able to do it with just a bit of ace or butorphanol to help hold them still. Zema was already out for her dental so we figured we'd give it a try.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What is the hull-plus-laser thing?

When Zema was in for her dental in January, while she was still under, doc hulled her Big Monster Corn again and then just barely touched the surface (the corn divot) with the laser. Not trying to remove extra tissue, just sorta cauterizing it. After that, girlie was corn-free for a good 9 months.

Don't know that you'd have to put a dog totally out to do it -- might be able to do it with just a bit of ace or butorphanol to help hold them still. Zema was already out for her dental so we figured we'd give it a try.

She is going in for a dental in January so I'll talk to the vet about it. Thanks!!!

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

If your vet wants to talk to my vet, just give a holler.

Assuming it was a therapeutic laser and not a surgical one, you don't need to put the dog out at all. Turbo's PT vet lasered him all the time. She'd do it as part of his PT and if she saw he had any scrapes or cuts, she'd laser those, too.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Surgical laser, not therapeutic.