For My Prince Charming

Guest Ferrevergrey

Guest Ferrevergrey

I finally caught the white persian I was so intent to help. Princess was actually a prince, so I renamed him Prince Charming, and indeed he was. Most beautiful blue eyed cat I've ever seen, but many would disagree with me. When I took Prince to the vet, I got the news I was hoping I wouldn't get. I suspected it, since Prince was a white cat, but I was hoping it was just infections. Prince had cancer from being out in the sun so much. It's very common in white cats, but it still broke my heart. At one time, Prince had an owner. He was neutered and declawed. That hurt even worse. The top of Prince's head had oozing sores everywhere, much worse then I though, and the vet said he was defianatly in pain and suffering. He was beyond the point where treatment would help him, so I did the kindest thing I could, and let him cross the bridge. I will always remember Prince. I don't know why I was so attached to him, but a piece of my heart will be put in the ground with him.

Guest TorynUs

You helped to end his life of suffering. Nice that you cared enough to do that where many other people may have just turned and looked the other way. I'm sorry it had to end up that way though, it does not lessen the hurt.

Guest Ferrevergrey

My neighbors think I'm nuts for caring so much about what happens to all the animals, regardless of thier luck. Prince didn't deserve to die like this, and I hope I never have to see another cat in his situation! I wish I knew who had abandoned him. What a totally heartless thing to do! At least he won't ever suffer again. It hurts, but I know letting him go was the best thing to do. But I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I guess that's what makes me different from all my neighbors. I do care about all the animals. I've taken in to many stray cats to count, as well as a couple of dogs, a few ferrets, and, yes, even a rat.

Edited by AnimAlover44

Very sorry to hear about your beautiful white boy. You know he will waiting for you across the bridge, with a special purr in his heart for the lady who was so kind to him.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

It was very kind of you to care. Prince was lucky to find you instead of a lonely death in pain. You did a good thing taking him in.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Im sorry to hear that, and Im glad someone was there to help him on his final journey home... He will always remember you as you will remember him

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest Ferrevergrey

I find it amazing how much I cared about Prince. He wasn't even my cat, but in a way, he was. I never got the chance to hold him in my arms and love him, but I think he knew.