My New Boy Laddie Has Arrived

Guest amn70

I've already been posting questions in some of the other forums about my upcoming grey but now that he is officially here I figured I'd formally introduce us. He finally arrived tonight and is doing well. He is actually asleep on his dog bed next to me as I type this. Seems to be adjusting well so far. Has not marked....yet :) . Still very explorative so I am keeping him close-by. Tomorrow will be his first big day. I've kept my schedule clear to spend the entire day with him. He comes only two months after I had to put my 12.5 year old Collie, Watson to sleep. Sorta weird having Laddie here now. Gonna be an adjustment for me as well as him. Will try to get some pics of him up here soon. See my signature for some basic info on him.

Guest Tenderhearts

First of all, I am so sorry about the loss of your Watson :grouphug

Hopefully Laddie will help to heal your broken heart, and looking forward to hearing more about his adjustment to his forever home! :D

Welcome home Laddie!!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Well we made it through the night without incident. He slept in the bedroom on his doggie bed. Heard him get up a few times to briefly change position but thats it. No problems at all. Let him out around 7:30, he peed and came in. To top it all off he used the run this time :clap which he didn't seem to want to do last night when I tried so I leashed walked him in the backyard on his last trip out before bed. When he came back in this morning we went upstairs and relaxed a bit longer then I fed him and he inhaled every morsel. Let him out again about a half hour later in the run again, and guess what, he pooped :yay. Looks like he will adjust to the run after all. Well just when I thought I was in the clear where accidents were concerned about a half hour after that he peed in the livingroom why we had our backs turned for a moment :headwall . Guess I am not out of the woods yet in that area. Oh well. I christened the new bottle of of Natures Miracle. A little while ago I ran out to the bank to make a deposit. Was gone for maybe 5-10 minutes but came back and everything was fine. I did have him confined with accordian gates to the kitchen area. Plenty of space for him. Will run out a bit later to the supermarket for maybe 20 minutes and see how he does. I think he's doing pretty good considering he is been here only about 16 hours.

Ooops I completely forgot to mention. Before I went to the bank I took him for his first real walk to the park. He pooped and peed. Could see he was really taking in the area but no other people or dogs were there so later I'll take him again when the neighborhood kids are home from school so he has some activity to take in.

Edited by amn70

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Congratulations! You're lucky if he isn't marking - I seem to get all the marking ones :lol Keep him tethered to you which will help things a lot.