Broxsie Is Going In For A Teeth Cleaning...

Guest BrindleDad

Guest BrindleDad

My girl is 3.5 years old and my vet suggessted that I bring her in to get her teeth cleaned (she checked them out during her last visit). They said they are in good shape but since Greyhounds tend to have weak teeth now would be a good time to bring her in and have it done. I guess they actually sedate her or put her under while they do the cleaning. Sounds kind of scary but I guess it's routine.

Anyone have this done before? Anything I should worry about? Poor girl is also getting her vaccinations updated on the same day so it's a big day for her on Friday (and a big dent in dad's pocket book).

Any information would be great.

I am confused as to whether she really needs a dental? Also, many do it but I never give vacinnations the same time they go under anesthetic, and if and when I do vaccinations, I split the rabies and others up in different visits.

Email me at Burpdog@msn.com and I will send you the greyhound information I have from Drs. Stack & Feeman.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

My girl is 3.5 years old and my vet suggessted that I bring her in to get her teeth cleaned (she checked them out during her last visit). They said they are in good shape but since Greyhounds tend to have weak teeth now would be a good time to bring her in and have it done. I guess they actually sedate her or put her under while they do the cleaning. Sounds kind of scary but I guess it's routine.

Anyone have this done before? Anything I should worry about? Poor girl is also getting her vaccinations updated on the same day so it's a big day for her on Friday (and a big dent in dad's pocket book).

Any information would be great.

I guess I'm missing something here myself. If the teeth are "in good shape" then a cleaning isn't going to strengthen them. I'm also not sure what was meant by "Greyhounds tend to have weak teeth". They are predisposed to periodontal disease but the term "weak" seems odd to me.

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg

Guest BrindleDad

Sorry about the confusion. I mis-spoke. What I meant was the Dr. said her teeth looked good (not too much tarter build up, gum swelling, etc.) basically that I've done a good job taking care of them, but they recommended I have them cleaned. By weak I meant prone to periodontal disease. I didn't want to let her teeth go too far with a bunch of tarter on them.

I took her in today. She did greyt! Dropped her off around 8:30 am and picked her up around 4:30pm. She's sacked out on the couch right now.

Thanks for the feedback!