Slings For Hind Leg Weakness

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

Does anyone have one of those slings that go under a dog's belly to give them support that they aren't using?

We're getting very close to that here, and I can't make that painful decision while she's still eating well, wagging her tail, and full of it :cry1

I just need one to use for awhile, and can't say for sure how long.

I'd be glad to pay for shipping, and then return it when done with it.

Please PM or e-mail me. Thank you.

I used a towel for my smaller elkhounds, and then I had one of those fire wood carriers & it was perfect for the larger males. Served the same purpose & wasn't expensive.

I don't like reading threads like this Devon... :mellow:

Guest Ruthygirl

I got mine from the vet for $20.00. It works really well. before I got that I just used a towel and sewed on some nylon straps for handles. Unfortunatly we use ours everyday for Ruthy so I can't send it but you might want to check with your vet.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Guest caiteag
Does anyone have one of those slings that go under a dog's belly to give them support that they aren't using?

We're getting very close to that here, and I can't make that painful decision while she's still eating well, wagging her tail, and full of it :cry1

I just need one to use for awhile, and can't say for sure how long.

I'd be glad to pay for shipping, and then return it when done with it.

Please PM or e-mail me. Thank you.

I will make you one and get it in the mail tomorrow.

Guest Oh_Greyt

If you have one of those canvas type bags (a lot of companies give them out as freebies because it has their logo on it) that has shoulder straps.... I'm sure most of us have those laying around. Just cut down the sides and fold it in half. You can put a towel to pad it under the tummy. It's easy and nice because it has straps to help you support the dog's weight. When I worked at a surgical referral we always told owners to make these before picking up their pups. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, PM me and I can send pics.

Guest longdogs

Yes, I've got one I used for Nugget when she was recovering from her broken leg. They come in male and female shapes so you need the right one. I found it very useful for giving her short walks but it's not recommended to leave them on for long periods in case they rub, even with a soft finish. When it wasn't in use I got pretty good with a towel. Maybe someone closer to you can get one to you faster, otherwise PM me.