Message For Ranger The Di Greys Owner

I got a call today from a lovely woman in San Diego, CA with a large pack of medical needs greys, salukis, etc. She offered to take Ranger if we found no one else. However, she is unable to actually monitor his water intake with such a big number of pups. But, she is there as a last resort and will be happy to wait for him - if needed. That is so nice.

Thanks to whomever emailed the info around. She said she got it from a friend with greys. See what spreading the word can do?

I also recieved a message while I was on the phone w/ her from Ferring Pharmeceuticals in NJ. They will call me back tomorrow with some sort of an offer on meds. Unsure what that means but free would be great! And discounted would be great too. At least with a discount, his new family would have less of an expense than us.

Free, would mean we could keep him. That would be perfect.

And no matter what, how cool of Ferring to make any offer? I'm in tears.

-Lisa (Ranger's very crazed, emotional, and crazed - did I mention that? mom)

How heartwarming to read that you may have some solutions on the horizon, keeping everything crossed for you and Ranger :colgate

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest tapin2thefuture

I just did another quick search and found a page about a grey with DI who was (or still is) up for adoption in FL and who is on medication which they say only costs $40 per month. The dog was with Greyhound rescue & adoption of Tampa Bay, perhaps you could contact them and see if they can give you some info. The phone number on their site is (813) 971 4732.

Thanks for this info. I did call and have not yet heard back from them. :)

-Lisa Ranger's Mom (still searching for a solution)

Have you thought of calling or writing Ferring Pharmaceuticals and tell them your/Ranger's story?

I wonder if they would be willing to help somehow, with a half-off coupon, or something?

This might push a Ferring PR person's button. Pharmaceutical companies are always looking for a way to make themselves "look good" in the public's eye.

...The Ferring saga. I did call Ferring and received a very chipper return call from one of their reps in NJ last week. She said "I think we can help you. I'll call you tomorrow."

No calls back to me since and I have called her about 4 times. I've finally decided that they won't help. I also called Bausch & Lomb who distributes the Desmopressin. No luck there. They said they can't help because Desmo is only liscensed as a human drug not a veterinary one. I am guessing Ferring found out the same. But it would have been nice to actually get an explanation call.

-Lisa

Ranger's mom

Guest trevdog

I'm not with GREAT, but yes, they still have him, he's been in foster care for over a year, maybe almost 2. Keep trying, they'll get back to you, being all volunteers and getting back to people takes awhile. All the groups here also have a lot of greys up for adoption this time of year so I can imagine they are swamped. I sometimes see them at a M & G, and their annual picnic is next weekend. I'll try and find something out there if you haven't head back from them.

Any luck contacting OSU?

Guest tapin2thefuture
Any luck contacting OSU?

Yes, Dr. Couto emailed me over the weekend. He offered to look over Ranger's medical records with his collegues. They are in the mail to him. :)

Thanks.

-Lisa