Time To Stop Lurking

Guest Copemantx

Guest Copemantx

I never have introduced my bunch. I adopted Rolex in August from the track and was sent this link by Piaget's mom to help with the sensitive stomach. (Piaget is Rolex's sister.) I have read the post extensively, but just lurked in the background.

So, Rolex is will be 4 in November and is the newest love in my life. He has 2 playmates, Gizmo and Peaches. They are both Chihuahuas so he has had to adjust to the ankle biters and has done so with flying colors. I kick myself for not getting a greyt sooner. He is the best.

I went to the pick him up at the groomer where he was getting his nails done. To my surprise he found himself a girlfriend, Daisy. The groomer brought them both out at the same time. They would stand side by side and just nuzzle and kiss each other. Well needless to say that got me thinking. Now my partner and I are considering adopting another grey so he has someone his size to cuddle with.

Guest Hollys2hounds

Welcome to you too! Sounds like your 'gonna be in my boat... getting a dog for your dog!!!!

We got Gunner for Lexy, and it was the best thing I could ever have done for her. They are truly best friends! When they play in the backyard, he always keeps his eye on her. If he runs ahead of her, he always looks back as if to say, " c'mon Lex, keep up with me!"

Best of luck to you all. :paw

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw your post to "Howdy from Texas" that you are from Kingwood I had to respond. I live in Kingwood too. Rolex is stunning. Welcome to the world of Greyhounds and to GT. You never know we may run into you sometime. I use the greenbelts a lot with my crew.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest bowiebears

Welcome from the MD 'burbs of DC!

Rolex is a very handsome boy.

He deserves a friend. Our Dowland was happy as a sole dog for about 6 weeks, then he let us know he really would appreciate having a co-dog. He is now 12.5 y/o, and his 1st co-dog (Sandy)_ went to the Bridge on 3 March 2002; Arlo arrived in May 2002 and left us for The Brige on 22 Feb 2007; and Azalea arrived on 3 April 2007. Dowland sometimes appears to simply be cohabiting with the other hound, but when the other is missing, he does notice and goes looking...and likewise the other for him. It's very sweet to watch.

And how can you have just one greyhound?

--Isaac

Welcome to GT! :wave Rolex is a handsome fella. :wub: I'm sure he'd like a grey girlfriend. Anklebiters are more like noisy stuffies. :gmark

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:welcome to the wonderful world of greyhounds! I'm sure you were warned that they are addictive. :D

Congrats on your handsome boy, Rolex! Will stay tuned for further announcements.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown