Grey Stepped On Piece Of Glass

Feet are tough - they bleed a lot.

You can try styptic powder (aka Qwik Stop - the stuff you use on toenails), but that may sting. Otherwise you can apply lots of gauze and vet wrap, then a baby sock to vreate a ton of padding on the bottom of the foot. Hold the baby sock on by taping it to vet wrap wrapped around the leg.

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Not really but clean the wound, dab on neosporin, wrap gauze around it and if you have it (but I think its available in drug stores, Vetape. Comes in colors - what vets use. This will give it a chance to heal/scab over. I use rubber booties if it rains or snows to keep the bandage dry. Mimi

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest darcysmama

There's a great product here in Canada by Urban Carnivore called Miracle Dust. I use it for hot spots, but it also acts to stop bleeding on nail quicks or paws. In a pinch, I've stuck their feet in a bowl of flour to stop it up when it's really gushing.

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

When my Jukebox cut his paw the vet used some kind of glue to just glue it together. You might want to try that if the cut is deep but small.

I've done gauze pads, wrapped with vet wrap (awesome stuff) covered with a sock, held on with more vet wrap. Then, muzzle the dog, with a poop guard to hopefully keep her from pulling it off. Restrict movement, crate if possible. But that was for gushing blood from a lower leg cut just above the foot.

If it's just spot bleeding, and nothing serious, I'd probably give up and let her lick it clean. Restrict activity until it heals. Wrapping a foot, if it's not really necessary, is really hard, and requires constant supervision. If it's just a few drips after she is active, I personlly wouldn't get worked up about it. Just keep her off the carpets.

Does she walk on that foot? If so - I really wouldn't worry, or do too much about it.

JMO.

Edited by sobesmom

Dog booties or baby socks. Cut up a thin maxi pad and stick it in the bottom. Protects your house from spot bleeding and the pad provides extra protection.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15