A Good Health Post.......

There have been many times that a newbie to Greytalk has posted about a bit of fear from reading Health and Medical, and many of us have pointed out that people generally don't come on H & M to talk about healthy dogs, but rather to get support, maybe some advice, and to have a place to discuss their fears.

So this is a good health post. :clover

I took Renie age 9, Lucy age 9 and Teddy almost 8 to their vet for their annual exam, heartworm test, fecal, urinalysis and comprehensive senior panel including extra thyroid panel. Their exams were great, blood work all good, fecal negative, it was all good. My puppers have been on a raw diet for about 15 months now and their vet is very happy with everything. Renie and Lucy are going to have a dental in two weeks because they are showing some plaque and gingivitis. Teddy's teeth are pretty and white and bright :) , so no dental for Teddy. They do have turkey necks every day, but the girls just don't have good teeth. While the girls are having theit teeth done Teddy and I may go to the dog park. :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Glad to hear that your gang is all healthy and well. :yay

I'll add a good health update here re my puppers. Just took mine to the vet for their annual checkups. All look great, including Finn (6), Jerry Lee (9) and Phoenix (15+). In fact, this evening when I let them out in the yard to do their business, Phoenix started kicking up her heels and doing zips, spinning and play bowing. She's just too cute and is feeling goooood! :couchjump

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest EmbersDad

i can chime in as well with a big thumbs up from my vet for embers annual wellness exam. she will be 10 in december, and her annual exam a few weeks ago revealed nothing out of the ordinary.

Guest Sassifrass

To add good news - Faye is 12 and absolutely healthy! She broke her right hind leg on the track when she was three and has a plate and pins in the leg to show for it. She sometimes walks with a "hop" and has a bit of arthritis, but is doing well and has never had any health issues.

And I'll add one: We've been struggling with Turbo's lameness due to a corn for nearly 2 years. We've had it hulled a few times and he really didn't get any relief. A few weeks ago, it apparently fell out on its own and I was able to take Turbo off tramadol. Today, we did a full walk without the Therapaw, too! It's been a LONG time since we were able to do that. I'm wondering if his corn was perhaps caused by an embedded object that finally worked itself out...

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire