Help For Gassy Tummy

Guest KaylyRed

Guest KaylyRed

Ella got hold of a rawhide (well, sort of a rawhide that dogs are meant to eat fairly quickly, and bacon flavored) that she wasn't supposed to have. It was Quin's treat, because his tummy seems to handle them. Ella, on the other hand, has had intermittent bouts of Big D (and more ON than OFF). But...she got the rawhide and went to town and apparently ate the whole thing in one sitting.

Aside from the normal tummy upset which I expected and know how to deal with she now has gas from hell. Poor thing is lying here beside me farting up a storm--loudly! I'm sure she must be uncomfortable.

Is there any over-the-counter med that I can give her for the gas? All I've got on hand is Gas-X. Or is there anything holistic that might ease her tummy distress? :unsure

Edited by KaylyRed

You can give her a child's dose of Gas-X. Not sure how well it works -- never tried it here.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Not sure if the Gas-x will work either but it's worth a try. Are the rawhides US made? If not I would throw them away.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest figbykal

For an upset tummy, especially due to something my greyts have eaten and should not have, I feed slippery elm bark. Dr. Pitcarn, in his latest book has a little recipe for that. You basically purchase the slippery elm powder at a health food store and then mix a Tsp with one cup of water. Bring to a boil until it thickens (only takes minutes) and then I feed 1-2 tablespoons at each meal. I think it really helps with stomac distress. I also use a digestive enzyme daily.

k