I'm Soooooooo Excited

MTFSTHNDS

:offwall I have to wait until the end of October until I can adopt my new furkid and it is soooo hard waiting. I live in Billings, Montana with Baer,my black miniature schnauzer and Tippy, my black cat. It would be neat to get a black greyhound but will be happy with whatever I get. My husband lives in Lewistown (about 2 hours away) with our other cat, Mephie.

The reason I have to wait is that I will be gone for 1 week in October for a conference in Orlando, Florida. I have had a home visit and Baer kept looking for Bertie after she left. Tippy didn't run but sat under the table and growled! I went out to a dog park we have here Sunday and got to meet other local greyhounds and their owners. That made it harder to wait1

I have been reading the posts and am excited to join the group. As soon as I get pictures, you can bet they will be posted ASAP!

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

Guest VanillaBean

Hi DragonLady!!!

I am from Montana, Conrad actually! But live in Ohio now! Congratulations on your pending adoption! We will need to see pictures when you get the special him or her!!

Guest bowiebears

Greetings from the MD 'burbs of DC!

Welcome. Waiting can be a trial, but once your new kid arrives, you'll be happy as a pig in slop, I bet. That's been our experience anyway, every time we had a new grey coming !

Congratulations. You'll find this a welcoming, helpful and friendly group.

--isaac

Thanks for all the welcomes - this is such a worldly group! I work in computers but this is the first time I have joined a group like this and I am looking forward to making new friends! :bounce1

I will have to get my "Greyhound fix" by going to the dog park on Sundays! That way I will learn the dogs names (and maybe the people's too :D )

To Vanilla Bean - I grew up in Malta, lived in Billings, Kalispell and Lewistown. Nice to talk to someone from Montana (even if you did move away)! :wave

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

Guest 2FourFootClowns

Use the time to find out all you can - this group helped us a bunch when we brought home our first. Kinda like being pregnant, only without the ever-expanding belly and weird food cravings!

I have been reading and surfing the net for any infomation (even at work :omg). Can't seem to stop so am learning all sorts of good things about greyhounds. Thank heavens I don't have the expanding belly :preggo - still have weird food cravings or just plain like to eat!! :chow

I have been reading up on dog food and will be changing Baer's food soon. Have changed my cat's food already. Amazing what you can learn on the web.

Guest VanillaBean
Thanks for all the welcomes - this is such a worldly group! I work in computers but this is the first time I have joined a group like this and I am looking forward to making new friends! :bounce1

I will have to get my "Greyhound fix" by going to the dog park on Sundays! That way I will learn the dogs names (and maybe the people's too :D )

To Vanilla Bean - I grew up in Malta, lived in Billings, Kalispell and Lewistown. Nice to talk to someone from Montana (even if you did move away)! :wave

Nice to talk to someone from Montana also! I sure do miss it. Keep thinking I would like to move back! Anyway, congratulations again!

A friendly hello from Germany :colgate

It would be neat to get a black greyhound but will be happy with whatever I get.

I don`t know how it is in USA but here black dogs, also Greyhound have much problems to get a loving place.

So first congratulation you would give a black Grey a loving place, second congratulation for the words : whatever I get :yay

Time will pass so quick, you can read and be happy about what is comming .

I wish you a lot of luck with "whatever you get"

• 2 weeks later...

:eek I will be getting my greyhound sooner than I thought (yeah!). I will be adopting a hand-reared female brindle. Her mother was sold and the buyers discovered she was pregnant. They gave the pups back to the seller and the pups were bottle fed. She is small - about 50 pounds and will be transported to Billings Saturday. I will be out of town Saturday but will have her by noon on Sunday! :P The lady fostering her says if they don't get her transported to Billings for me, they will keep her. :blink:

I hope to post pictures Sunday night.