Pet Doors For Greyhounds

Guest angeltonysmom

Guest angeltonysmom

I have a question about the size of doggy door needed for a greyhound. Currently we have a Tall-Medium Hale pet door [16" tall and 8.5 wide] for a whippet sized dog and I would need to buy a larger door - probably the Hale Tall/Large. But my real problem is that the doggy door is in the laundry room which only has a 30" space between the door and where the greyhound's hiney would impact with the washing machine. He/she would have to sort of do a little sideways turn into the dog door from the entrance into our little laundry area. Does this sound like a problem?

On another note, are there some of you WITHOUT dog doors? We live in Southern California and our french doors are open 6 months of the year to an enclosed yard downstairs or enclosed deck upstairs.

Thank you...

I don't have a dog door, our hounds just tell us when they need to go potty. I work from home so I figure it is a great time for me to take a break, get some fresh air and clear my mind while they do their business. :)

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Welcome from NJ.

My dog door in the kitchen gives them plenty of room to go straight out to a very small porch. Once there, they have to turn 45 degrees to go out another dog door to get outside. They learn!

My friend used to have a set up like yours and her two large chows learned how to make the turn!

I would look for a wider door for a full size grey.

Yes, there are a LOT of us without dog doors. We don't all live in houses! I'm in a third floor condo! No dog door...

No yard! Well, we have a MAMMOTH yard. But dogs are not allowed on it. Heaven forbid...

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck