Up All Night, Again

Guest jupiterooos

Guest jupiterooos

Nope, it was pee! While Jupiter has had plenty of issues with pee in the past, he's never had to go out in the middle of the night to pee, much less multiple times.

He was diagnosed with a UTI, went on Clavamox, was accident-free while he was on it, then started having trouble holding it after stopping. Right now it looks like we're back to the old lots-of-pee-with-no-water thing. And also, taking a long time to pee - it takes a while before it starts, then it kind of dribbles out.

Soooo I'm assuming this is the UTI deal back again (or else it never left) but I wondered if you all could suggest some things I could ask the vet tomorrow? I don't really know much about this condition, aside from the vast amount of pee part.

UTI's can be a pain to clear up-- sometimes it takes an extended course of antibiotics. Diesel had one that improved with antibiotics, but within a couple of days of being off of them, it was back. He had to go on a longer course of antibiotics to kick it. We did 3 weeks and that did the job.

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Guest jupiterooos

He was on them about 2 weeks. And we will be doing another culture - I'm delivering the first pee of the morning to the vet at 8 AM sharp tomorrow (do you think the dog is thinking, "Wow, I must be really special - they're saving my pee!")