New Chip Eye Issue

Guest Lorraineandcrew

Guest Lorraineandcrew

Hi all,

I have had my new girl Q'tesh for a few weeks now, she is a 2year old female. We are going to the vet tonight just to say "hi, here's my new chip!" and get weighed etc. I noticed over the weekend that in her right eye, there seems to be some kind of small "cloud" for lack of a better word. I thought at first there may be something on the lens itself and her eye would wash it out, I don't think that's it. I never noticed it before (but she was a bit of a shy girl and was not comfortable looking me in the eye up until now) so I don't know if it's new or not.

Anybody else have this, or know what it might be? I'll have the vet look at it tonight anyway, but just thought I'd put it out there.

ta

Lorraine

Perfectly normal on a dog just coming off the track.

Many of the dogs I've met at the kennel com in with a small cloud on their eyes for the first while. I think it's just scar tissue that resolves over time (sand damage from racing, possibly?). Both Atlas and angel Icarus had a bit of cloud on their eye and it just disappeared with time.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest Lorraineandcrew
It could be pannus. It is easily treated with drops but she will be on them for life if that is what it is.

I would get the vet to check it out asap

Update on Q'tesh - took her to the vet, and thank God, it's not Pannus or even the cholesterol or calcium deposits. He thought it was an old issue, probably from the track, a bit of sand in her eye caused irritation and slight "ulcer" which is now healing itself (slight tearing up as well) but there was no discolouration, no infection, and only in the one eye. If it's one of the other two issues, it's usually in both eyes. So, just some antibiotic drops/ointment and he told me to watch it, if it gets worse bring her back right away, but it might just go on it's own over time, it's the scarring of the cornea making the "cloud". Good timing, cuz when I went to bring her I noticed her paw was covered in blood! Looked like some kind of puncture, but not from my other dog. Vet asked me if she had been limping, might have been some type of infection that burst, but she was ok. More antibiotic cream. I think she was digging through the crate for a loose piece of kibble and jammed her foot in some way and then punctured it when she tried to get it out as the wound was on the top of her foot, not where she would step on anything. So, all is ok (for now!) minor injuries, I really do have to stop thinking the worst, I was already in tears when I got to the vet as I had talked myself into thinking that if it was some horribly expensive stuff she would require for the rest of her life, if I couldn't afford to give her the care she needed I would have to return her, blah blah blah, honestly, I'm such an idiot.

Both my babies are fine!

Thanks everyone for all your help and well wishes.

blah blah blah, honestly, I'm such an idiot.

If you are, you're not alone. :rolleyes::lol

Glad to hear it's minor.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis