Tiramisu, Plastic Disc, And No Help From The E-vet!

Guest Heep

Guest fastdogs

It's way to late for this to be helpful, but here's Emeril's Tirimsu recipe:

Ingredients: Hot Milk Sponge

MILK, 1/4 cup

BUTTER, 2 teaspoons butter

FLOUR, 1-1/4 cups

BAKING POWDER, 1 teaspoon

EGGS, 3

SUGAR, 1-1/4 cups

EGG YOLKS, 3

Ingredients: Mascarpone Cream

ESPRESSO COFFEE, 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons

HOT WATER, 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons

GRAND MARNIER, 3 tablespoons

MASCARPONE, 1 cup

RUM, 2 tablespoons (Substituted Marsala wine on "Emeril Live")

EGGS, 3 separated

SUGAR, 6 tablespoons (Substituted 3 tablespoons on "Emeril Live")

HEAVY CREAM, 1 cup (Substituted 3 cups on "Emeril Live")

VANILLA, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla

SALT, a pinch

COCOA POWDER, enough to sprinkle

POWDERED SUGAR, enough to garnish

Not much choclate in it at all.

1/2 cup of espresso is a LOT of caffeine, though! I'd definitely keep an eye on the pups!

I think that's 1/2 cup for the whole cake. Probably only a couple of tablespoons per serving.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Hi All,

Work was too crazy to update yesterday. Anyway, all the pups are doing good. Yesterday morning, P.Star vomited up what we think was the plastic tag! It was all chewed up, frayed, & the words were missing, but it was the same size & color (I knew it was her!). Aisha brought P.Star in to the Vet (of other reasons) & my two bebes tagged along. He said they were going to be fine, as any caffeine, alcohol, or chocolate poisoning symptoms would have presented an hour or so after ingesting.

Thanks for all your support & knowledge! We really appreciate it! It's so wonderful to know that when E-Vets fail, GTers are out there! Special thanks to Precious's Mom for the late night phone call to reassure me!

Edited by Heep

Thanks for all your support & knowledge! We really appreciate it! It's so wonderful to know that when E-Vets fail, GTers are out there! Special thanks to Precious's Mom for the late night phone call to reassure me!

Happy to hear things seemed to have worked out OK. Just remember that for all the knowledge you can gain from GT... it is NOT a replacement for going to the E-Vet in an emergency. I saw you posted previously about "I'd rather have the disc scratch up the throat than get stuck in the intestetines" or words to that effect. That is a dangerous train of thought. If the disc were to get caught in teh throat... removing an esophageal foreign body is a MUCH MUCH MUCH more dangerous surgery than removing an intestinal or stomach foreign body. If you are lucky and your primary vet or the E-vet has endoscopy then it may be less invassive... if not it could require thoracic surgery which is a really big deal! MUCH more serious than an abdominal surgery.

If the situation is serious enough that you need to ask "Should I go to the emergency clinic?" then the answer is 9/10 times YES. Could some of those situations have waited and not required an ER trip? Sure... but it only takes 1 time that an owner should have gone to the ER but didn't to learn that lesson the hard way. If you go to the ER clinic and it wasn't absolutely necessary... then you are out the ER fee but know that your hound is OK.

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg