Bodie's Trip To The Vet Today

Guest Bodie

Bodie went to the vet today for his check up to see if his incision is healing enough for him to go to OSU for his chemo. There are two small spots that are still oozing, where repair work was most difficult, and he has some inflammation below his incision. However, the vet was pleased with his progress and thought he could begin chemo next week. Hooray! I was much relieved. Then...

Dr. London from OSU called and she thought Bodie ought to have a skin culture to make sure he doesn't have any infection in the inflammation. So back to the vet we went. Unfortunately, because I live in a rural area, the results won't be returned until Tuesday - the day we were supposed to go to OSU and begin chemo. :riphair It's frustrating but I keep telling myself it's better than getting out to Ohio and then discovering they won't do the chemo because he doesn't pass testing out there.

The local vet also carefully examined Bodie to try and find out why he is shrieking while he eats. She examined his head, throat, shoulders, neck muscles, anything she could think of, but found nothing. She suggested I have OSU examine him while we are out there, which I will, but I noticed tonight Bodie ate with only one shriek, so maybe we are over the worst. :goodluck

And, of course, only Bodie could do this - but while we were waiting to go in for the cultures, he slid off of his quilt onto the floor (while sleeping) and managed to cut his shoulder on a perfectly smooth floor. He started shrieking, there was blood everywhere, he had the place in an uproar. And as luck would have it, I was wearing white pants... :rolleyes: He's perfectly fine - it was a small cut. But none of this did my already frazzled nerves any good!

I do have a question about the chemo - or lack of it. If Bodie has an infection and they won't start chemo, should I start him on artemesian (sp?) with the thought it might hold the cancer at bay until he can begin chemo? Or will it interfere with the chemo when he does have it. Any opinions?

Tomorrow we hope to be able to take pictures of Bodie in his spiffy new t-shirts to post for you. Today he was wearing a t-shirt with imprinted suspenders down the back and a tie and suspenders down the front. He looked quite dashing and all the vet techs oohed and aahed over him - which he ate right up! I am noticing that he is getting back to his old sociable self and greeting everyone, which is a good sign he is feeling better. :yay

It is good to hear he is feeling better.

How the heck can they cut themselves on nothing at all???! But they do. Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending my many prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Don't know about your Arte question. Might run it by the Circle of Greys group and see if anyone has experience. Keeping Bodie in my prayers, surrounded by light (and bubble wrap). :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest LolasMom

I'm so glad to hear that Bodie is feeling more like himself again and is finding eating a little easier. :yay

I can't imagine how exhausted you must be at this point. I just want to say that you are such a greyt mom and he is such a lucky boy to have you. :wub:

Thanks so much for the updates...I must admit, I've grown quite attached :blush

Sending more prayers and healing thoughts.

I do have a question about the chemo - or lack of it. If Bodie has an infection and they won't start chemo, should I start him on artemesian (sp?) with the thought it might hold the cancer at bay until he can begin chemo? Or will it interfere with the chemo when he does have it. Any opinions?

Email Ohio State and ask.

Sending lots of prayers!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest greytmonty

We are following Bodie's care daily. I am sorry he got that cut. Monty can get hurt in a padded round room I think!

Let us know what happens re the chemo. I am glad he ate with a bit less pain today!

You must be wiped out, hang in there!

Guest PiagetsMom

I completely understand your frazzled nerves, but it sounds like you're doing a wonderful job handling Bodie's recuperation! :grouphug Can't wait for the pics of Bodie modeling his new wardrobe. B)