Malaseb Medicated Shampoo

Hi,

we noticed in one small bald spot with a tiny pimple on our greys back. It came on suddenly overnight. Our vet not to familair with greys she did a biopsy and gave us this shampoo to prevent spreading if it is perhpas contagious. it says it can be used on cats and horses too. Did anyone ever use it. Does anyone know what the spot could be. the shampoo had miconazole nitrate and chlorhexidine gluconate in it.

concerned owner

💙💜💚💛❤️

I forgot how to put a pic in my signature. Please pm me if you can help. Thanks

Hi, I've used the shampoo before but not for our greyhound, we keep a bottle on hand for our english bulldog who seems to get every skin problem out there. We use the shampoo to keep down on yeast, bulldogs can be yeasty, and to keep hotspots at bay, apparently the shampoo kills some bacteria and the fungus which can be the cause of some hot spots and irritations. I would probably do a test on a small patch of skin before I lathered down my pup, just to make sure youy don't get any reactions from it.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

I've used it on one of my fosters who had a skin infection. Great stuff!! Worth every penny. :) I passed the bottle on to the people who adopted him, and his infection cleared up nicely. We got to baby sit him a few months later, and he had grown in such a beautiful coat, he looked like a completely different dog! No more hairless pussy patches, no more red weeping bumps...he was gorgeous. :)

You can get it online cheaper than at most vets, but unless you are ordering other stuff, by the time you work in shipping, it may end up being the same, or even more than what you'd pay at the vet's. I just popped by my vet's office to pick it up. I think I paid 15.00 for a good sized bottle.

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Guest Tenderhearts
Malaseb is the best there is, as far as medicated shampoos are concerned. It is expensive, but completely worth the price.

Lynn

:nod:)

Guest LynnM

Also, don't use too much. It doesn't suds up very much, regardless of how much you use, so resist the temptation and that bottle will go a long way!

Lynn

ty all so much. i love this site. I am learning so much. you guys are more helpful than my vet and even the adoption places cause it i so much faster to get responses.. ty ty ty

💙💜💚💛❤️

I forgot how to put a pic in my signature. Please pm me if you can help. Thanks