Panting ?

I'm waiting Stacia 3 greyhounds. Last night Duchess started panting off and on. I gave her some doggie aspirin. She continues to do this today. I have not let her go out a lot today b/c it is hot and humid. I have given her another aspirin. Any other thoughts on what I should do?

She is in the air conditioning.

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

Guest meakah

Can you check her temperature? (with a thermometer) I would do that and see if she is running any sort of a fever. I would think if she is just hot then the AC would help....if isn't helping then you need to dig further. Is she eating or drinking? Stool normal?

I just took her to the vet. He is a friend. I used to work there. Her heart sounds normal, lungs clear, no temp. Gave me some pain meds to give her. Told me to watch her and if the pain meds didn't help to call him back. He said about the only other thing he could do at this point would be blood work. Stacia is in PA and doesn't have her phone on all the time. I hope this will help. :goodluck:hope:candle

Guest GreyKat

My guys pant whenever they are nervous about something. Panting can, of course, be a sign of pain or discomfort, but mine also do it during thunderstorms, after playing, and sometimes even in the a/c they still think it's a bit warm. What's the temp in the house (even w/ the a/c)?

I'll be thinking about you and wishing for the best! :goodluck

:( Hope she is feeling better.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest SusanP

Dr. Doug sends his mommy kisses...and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my favorite mama dog. Could she be a little stressed about the change in routine, not being in her own house? Is she gassy at all?

Might it be worth doing bloodwork now even though you can't contact Stacia? Do you think she'd do it in this situation?

Guest SusanP

Hang in there, Cully! I'm glad the pain meds seem to be helping, but then of course that suggests that she is having pain for some reason... She's 13, right? And it hasn't been that long since her surgery?

Just talked to Stacia. She ok'd the bloodwork if needed. She was glad I took her in. She ate her dinner and snack. She is sleeping on Teddy's pillow w/a blanket on it. That is the way I always fixed Teddy's pillow for him. :blush

Thanks for everyones good thoughts.