Has Anyone Heard Of This?

Guest Temira

Guest jsk4x

One of Chewie's eyes is very red. When we were at the vet for something different, the vet asked to take a look at his eye. I had always assumed it was allergies or something, but the vet said no and pointed out a white lesion-ish thing on the back part of his pupil. Anyway, the vet put some dye in his eye to test for cuts and didn't find anything. He believes that Chewie may have an ingrown eyelash that is causing irritation and the lesion. I believe the name is trichiasis or something like that. Another possibility is sciritis. I probably have the spelling wrong. Anyway, Chewie is on eye drops while we work on a diagnosis. Has anyone had anything similar?

I think I'd go to a veterinary ophthalmologist. Our group just sent a dog to one over in the Laurel/Bowie area. Send me a pm if you want her contact info. She's quite good and explains things very well.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest jsk4x

Just to clarify, my vet suggested that we try these drops which contain a steroid and antibiotic and reevaluate when he goes in for his shots in a month. If it hasn't cleared up, he would recommend an ophthalmologist. After a day of drops, it already looks better so we'll see what happens. We took our cat Jade to an ophthalmologist in Springfield that we liked. She diagnosed and helped the cat immediately after the regular vet (who we stopped visiting) incorrectly said that Jade's eye had to be removed. :angry:

Even though the drops have already made a difference I would still want him seen by an opthamologist. They have the equipment and training for eye issues that most vets just don't have since they deal with the whole body. The opthamologist that has seen my greys gives them a more thorough eye exam then I get when I go to an eye doctor. :) Pannus is not uncommon in greyhounds and is generally well controlled with medication.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg