Sinus Infection?

Guest Greensleeves

Guest Greensleeves

Well, it's been a week since I posted about Flint's tooth abscess and how rotten he felt. He had the dental and the extraction on Monday, and he's been on antibiotics since last Thursday.

He doesn't seem any better. He's still dragging around, droopy-eyed, and flapping his ears (they cleaned his ears during the surgery, and didn't find any infection). He keeps looking at me in that "Mommy, help" way. I truly expected him to be pretty much back to normal by now. In fact, Dr. Linda said he'd feel better by the end of the weekend, after a couple days on the antibiotic. He did have the pre-op blood panel, and tho' I didn't get the results back, I'm sure Doc would have told me if he saw something strange there.

Doc has added a decongestant to his regimen, in the hopes it will help the sinuses drain and take some pressure off of them, but he's starting to wonder if the infection maybe hasn't spread into the sinuses (?). If Flint does not improve significantly by Friday, he wants to try a different antibiotic.

Does anyone have experience with something like this? It's never occurred to me to think about sinus infections in dogs.

Edited by Greensleeves

No experience with doggy sinus problems, just allergies. I hope Flint is better soon.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest greytexplorer

where do you live?

my daughter lives in Birmingham AL and she has had a sinus infection since Oct 2006. Her ENT has now prescribed 3 weeks of antibtx for 3 weeks plus an antihistamine plus nasal spray. If that doesn't work, then it's surgery.

From my experience, sinus infections will make my teeth hurt, and not the other way round.

Good luck!!