Bone Cancer

Guest stewartt

Guest stewartt

we just got some bad news from our vet that our grey has cancer in the pelvic and its very aggrsive type but he is at home and on meds this is a very sad time for us just hopping we still have some good days with him

:grouphug

Know that NSAIDs alone do not touch the pain of osteo. If you use a NSAID it must be in combination with another drug like tramadol.

Sending prayers you have some good days.

I would email the pictures to Ohio State. Also, have them read by a radiologist if you have not already.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest Vinnie

Sorry to hear about you puppy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I agree with the advice of contacting Dr. Cuoto/Ohio State.

Guest paulamariez

You and your precious hound are in my thoughts and prayers. Our very first greyhound Chief had osteo, only we didn't know it until his back leg broke when he was outside doing his business. Chief was being treated for arthritis and on meds for that, but nothing else. He was such a trooper. If he was in any pain those last months, we never knew it and all he was on was arthritis medication. Hopefully your hound will have many wonderful and pain free days left with you. Chief would do sprints our in our back yard every day, all the way up until his last day. Because he was being treated for arthritis, our vet said to let him run all that he wanted because exercise was good for the arthritis. Our vet said that Chief must have had the cancer for a while for it to progress thru the bone like it did, but never once did Chief even complain. We did have an xray done when he began limping and there was a suspicious spot on his leg on the first one, but short of doing a biopsy there was no way of knowing what it was and our vet said since Chief was only slightly limping, he didn't think that it was cancer because his symptoms would have been more severe. Chief had a wonderful, happy and energetic life all the way until the end, so I'm sure that it is a possibility for your hound too! And Chief lived just one and a half months shy of his 14th birthday. I know how hard it is not to keep thinking about the end coming, but I believe the dogs are happier when we just take it day by day and enjoy each day with them as they come and not think about the end. Me and my pack of three are sending lots of doggie kisses your way!

Edited by paulamariez

Guest HHDesigns

Oh, I know how that feels --- our Mr. Threat did very well on a combination of Tramadol and Rimadyl, just increased the Tramadol as time went on.... hugs...

Guest alannamac
:hope So sorry to hear the news. He is very lucky to have such a caring forever home. It is good that you know, so that you can keep him as comfortable as possible. Hope you have many, many days to share together :grouphug

Enjoy your time with him, take pictures, cuddle if he likes to cuddle, give him whatever he wants to eat, and just make it the best time, one hour at a time, one day at a time. Remember that our fur kids are blessed to only know the here and now, they do not think about an hour from now, tomorrow, next week or next month. They only think about right now. Sending prayers. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

our saullie was diagnosed almost a month ago when he broke his leg

we as you are devasted.

we have decided not to amputate as he will be 11 aug 1 and since they didn't think it was bone cancer he had a major surgery to repair his leg

he is not in any pain that we can tell we have put him on a very low carb diet high protein omega 3 sardines and a chinese herb i forget the name but if you want it just let me know

hugs

Iris

www.ligc.org