Fame's Toes

Guest flhusker

Guest flhusker

I am so releived. Had Fame to the vet this morning. The vet has seen a lot of whatever is going on with Fame's toes. He took some scrapings and they all came back negative for anything serious. He suggests washing Fame's feet everytime we take him out. He feels that he has stepped into something and that it's an allergic reaction to something. Gave hubby a salve to put on his feet and a wash for them.

It is so hot down here and there is so much pollen that our vet feels it has something to do with that. Hubby told him about the things I read hear and on the internet and the vet was happy to hear that we were doing our homework and that we shared with him. I really like this vet - he's not a "know it all" and is willing to learn from where ever we can find information.

I want to thank all of you who gave us information that we were able to share with our vet.

Hubby said our vet is more concerned about a lump he found on Fame's back and feels it's an infection of some kind and has given us medication for that.

Fame is such a stinker! At home it's like pulling teeth to get a pill down him. It takes both of us to do it. The vet's assistant gave him a pill and he literally chowed it down. She said that she wished all dogs took pills that good. What a stinker he can be!

Anyway I wanted to let you know that I feel much better about Fame's feet. I can't tell you how worried I was. flhusker

Glad you have some answers. :) As for pills, hiding them in a carefully sculpted bite-sized blob of cream cheese or peanut butter works like magic for all my pups. :chow:

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Good news! Hope the wash and salve helps.

FWIW, when B got food he was allergic to, his feet didn't swell or lose hair, but they looked reddish and sort of oily around the hair follicles. Much more one foot than the others.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.