Soul Has Pimples!

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

How do I treat his pimples? He's just now getting a fuller coat and all the bare spots are trying to come in, but then a zit pops up, and he loses the new hair in that area for a while. And why does he get these?

Guest LynnM

Make an appointment for a vet visit. It doesn't have to be an "ASAP" sort of thing, but at your convenience. I take it that the "pimples" aren't the ones in the normal location on his belly (also occasionally on the upper back of his legs). Your description sounds a bit like Staph... not a big deal, but also not zits and may require oral antibiotics along with an antibacterial shampoo to clear up.

Lynn

Guest SoulsMom
Make an appointment for a vet visit. It doesn't have to be an "ASAP" sort of thing, but at your convenience. I take it that the "pimples" aren't the ones in the normal location on his belly (also occasionally on the upper back of his legs). Your description sounds a bit like Staph... not a big deal, but also not zits and may require oral antibiotics along with an antibacterial shampoo to clear up.

Lynn

Nope, it's the normal ones on his belly and legs . . .DH says they're popping up because his hair is growing in . . .

Guest SoulsMom

Ok . . . hope I don't get kicked in the face. I'll post tomorrow if I can get it figured out . . . I'm no techno kid.

Guest LynnM

Oh, well if they're just the normal belly-type zits, then squeeze them and clean with (pick one) antibacterial soap and water, Dilute Nolvasan, Dilute Betadine, or Malaseb Shampoo. It takes time to get rid of them all (unless you go nuts with a hemostat while the dog is anesthetized for another procedure), but if you're consistent over a few weeks, it'll be under control.

Lynn

Guest SoulsMom
Oh, well if they're just the normal belly-type zits, then squeeze them and clean with (pick one) antibacterial soap and water, Dilute Nolvasan, Dilute Betadine, or Malaseb Shampoo. It takes time to get rid of them all (unless you go nuts with a hemostat while the dog is anesthetized for another procedure), but if you're consistent over a few weeks, it'll be under control.

Lynn

Eh! I don't know if I can do that, I'd be afraid I'd hurt him. But at least I know their nothing to worry about. Thanks!

Guest LynnM

Just use your thumbnail and forefinger. Many will squeeze out quite easily and most dogs will be fine with you doing it while they lie down. I try not to do it for more than a couple of minutes at a sitting, though I'm sort of OCD about zits, scabs, peeling skin and that sort of thing.

Lynn

Guest KyGrey

I took Molly to the vet one time a while back. She had pimples on her inner thighs and belly. The vet recommended Gold Bond but I forget now which color bottle to get. He insisted on the one with a certain color bottle. One is orange and the other is blue. I can look when I get home from work and let you know if you want.

Guest SoulsMom
I took Molly to the vet one time a while back. She had pimples on her inner thighs and belly. The vet recommended Gold Bond but I forget now which color bottle to get. He insisted on the one with a certain color bottle. One is orange and the other is blue. I can look when I get home from work and let you know if you want.

That would be great, thank you!