Another Newbie!

Guest greyttech

Guest greyttech

Hello everyone! Just thought I would introduce myself and my two kids! I've also been wondering around this site for the last couple of days and couldn't wait to join.

We *currently* have two kids...Alice and Dice. We adopted Alice in 2002 and couldn't have asked for a better dog. I am vet tech that works with vet students...lets just say she has empty anal glands, neatly trimmed nails, and has been a wonderful blood donor (if they can't hit those veins there is no hope.) ;)

Dice on the other hand is a completely different story. We think he is actually a lurcher because he isn't tattooed and is little bulkier than Alice. He was *found* by a *kind* gentleman that dropped him off to a rescue group with a gunshot wound to the face that was over a week old. :angryfire After being his nurse for 6 weeks, I just couldn't let him go. Five surgeries later (by the wonderful docs at OSU) and a little daily Prozac and he is a normal, happy dog.

I'll post pictures as soon as I figure it out!

Guest Brandy_b

Welcome!!! Your dogs sound so wonderful :) Cant wait to see some pics!!! And congrats on taking in a special needs pup, he must bring a lot of love to your home :)

<3 Brandy & Caliloka

Hi! I really love GT for all the helpful health and training info, but you've probably got the "health" part down! Welcome! :D

"Mrs. Bass was a poor teacher, a phrase which here does not mean "a teacher who doesn't have a lot of money" but "a teacher who is obsessed with the metric system." --Lemony Snicket

"Do you want to convert from the hydrocarbon economy to the carbohydrate economy?" --Rep. Jim Oberstar