Regularly Scheduled Greyhound Get Togethers

IAMs

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GreyKat
DC/MD/NOVA

Weekly fun run in indoor riding arena in Gaithersburg, MD. The run is on Sundays from 6pm - 6:30pm at the Potomac Horse Center. If interested, please PM me, and I'll give you the phone number to call to make sure the run is on (it's a private residence, so I don't want to post here).

MUZZLES REQUIRED - GREYHOUNDS ONLY

Can you send me a message w/ more details? I tried to send you a PM but it won't let me for some reason. I live in Derwood and would love to come to this!!

Thanks!! :gh_run

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest BrindleDad

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and take my grey to Snyder Park every Saturday/Sunday morning. It's near 595 and the airport. It's rare to see other greys but my girl plays with all the other dogs and everyone loves watching her run. They also have a dog beach area. There was a lady bringing some italian greys for a while but I haven't seen her lately.

I heard there was a park in Plantation that has Grey get togethers on the weekends but I don't know the park or the times.

• 5 weeks later...
anyone know of any events in the nyc (staten island) area?

I Just see this today 10/26 and I live on Staten Island too. I take my guys on Sat and Sun mornings (aroung 8;00 to 9;00) to Lemon Creek Park in Princes Bay (the foot of Seguine Ave.) Hope to see you sometime. :colgate

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest widowcali
I live in Ft. Lauderdale and take my grey to Snyder Park every Saturday/Sunday morning. It's near 595 and the airport. It's rare to see other greys but my girl plays with all the other dogs and everyone loves watching her run. They also have a dog beach area. There was a lady bringing some italian greys for a while but I haven't seen her lately.

I heard there was a park in Plantation that has Grey get togethers on the weekends but I don't know the park or the times.

I was actually the one that started that play group. I'm glad it is still going on since my girls and I moved to AZ. I'm having trouble remembering the park. It is just east of University Drive. Just North of State Rd. 84. Check with Friends of Greyhounds. Michelle would have the location.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest keylimes
ONTARIO

ACTON

Every Sunday from 1-2pm at the Acton Fairgrounds. Rain or shine or cold- although not many greys show up when its too cold!

From 401, HWY 25 N (in Milton), Left on Knox Road in Acton, parking to the right.

We are having difficulty finding any greyhound socials/outings anywhere in our area (York Region or Toronto - or we can go west as well) so i am wondering if you are still having meets in Acton. do you still meet on sundays from 1-2pm?

And does anyone know of anything closer to Stouffville/Markham area?

Sybil needs to PLAY Play play! : )

Guest krisandzoo

I've been searching and searching for an Indianapolis gathering....anyone know of one? Maybe we could start one? If you're in the area and interested then PM me. I'd love to find some playmates for Bentley!

• 2 weeks later...

North Carolina

City: Charlotte

Location: Continental Boarding 2235 Township Rd (off of HWY 49 just north of Westinghouse Blvd behind the Emergency Vet).

Contact: Kirk Grosch ktgrosch@yahoo.com or Rick Montgomery crick4re@bellsouth.net

Days: Saturdays, 9-12pm.

Other Notes: Playgroup will be held as weather permits. If it rains on Friday the field will be too wet for Sat playgroup. As the weather gets cooler in the mornings you may want to come later in the morning. Continental closes at noon. Muzzle required. Greyhounds only.

North Carolina

City: Kannapolis

Location: From Charlotte take I-85N to exit 58. Take the second exit ramp going toward Kannapolis on 29 North. Third traffic light turn left onto Dale Earnhardt Blvd. Go past S. Main St. and turn left at the first street, Martin St. Follow this straight back to the ballfield.

Days: Sundays, 9-11am

Other Notes: Playgroup will be held as weather permits. Muzzle required. Greyhounds only.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

I would love to do something like this in Wichita. Maybe after the weather warms a bit, though. My dogs and I don't do cold. :snow

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest act2redux
Anyone in the St. Louis Missouri area would like to start up a walking club for on the weekends please PM we so we can try and start something going. There's lots pf parks to go to in the area.

Woolfy

How does sunday typically look to you??

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DoofBert
Anything happening in or around Northeast PA?

Hi Liz!

Pocono Greyhound Adoption (www.poconogreyhound.com) has meet and greets from Stroudburg to Wilkes-Barre.....check our website and pm me for more info!

Jayne aka doofbert

Guest TXOdle

Texas

City: Denton

Location: Wiggly Field Dog Park (aka Lake Forest Park) 1400 Ryan Road, Denton, TX 76205

Directions: (Easiest is to paste address into maps.google.com!)

From Dallas head North on I-35E. Before you reach the University of North Texas, you will exit

Loop 288 (Lillian Miller) and head WEST. A few miles down you will reach a light ...

turn right onto Ryan Road. The entrance to the dog park is about a half mile down on the left!

[[ http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=U...&iwloc=addr ]]

Contact: Daniel Odle DannyOdle@gmail.com with any questions! Only two greys so far, but there are more!

Days: Sundays, 12 noon to 3pm (Hotter Days are sometimes cut short)

Other Notes: Muzzles need be present, but only worn if necessary. Park is significantly busy on weekends during spring and summer months. There is shade and drinking fountains for dogs, but personal supply is recommended. Leash required to and from fenced areas. Mess bags and trash cans available around entire park for easy and mandatory clean up.

The greyhounds are very outnumbered, and people bring their smaller dogs into the large dog area.. but all the greys we've seen do GREAT with nearly every dog (except those looking for love :rolleyes: )

Hope this will get more greys to come out! We've only seen 3 in the last 6 months :huh Come out and see Jerry-Lee!!

Click --->

Video of Jerry in the Snow!

-Danny and Cella

• 4 weeks later...
Guest casto9

Hi, my grey and I live outside of the DC area, and I heard someone mention a track or place that you can go with your grey and let them run around with other greyhounds. Does anyone have any info about something like this in the DC, Norther Virginia, or Maryland areas? Thanks.

Guest daveg1967

I was actually the one that started that play group. I'm glad it is still going on since my girls and I moved to AZ. I'm having trouble remembering the park. It is just east of University Drive. Just North of State Rd. 84. Check with Friends of Greyhounds. Michelle would have the location.

The location is Seminole Happy Tails and Friends of greyhounds doesn't go there on Sundays anymore. They run an open house for their adoption kennel every Sat and Sunday from 10:00 to 3:00. It keeps them busy. I have been trying to start a midweek informal greyhound get together there on Wesdays at six. I put out the word to other Friends of Greyhound volunteers but so far only Mia and I have shown up. The park is east of University south of Peters Rd. It is larger then the Snyder Bark Park, we will be there this week on the 21 if anyone wants to stop by.

• 1 month later...
Guest krisandzoo

Indianapolis

Monday nights at 7pm.

A small group of greyhound enthusiats meet every Monday at Hummel park for a fun walk. The park is in Plainfeld. We've toyed with the idea of varying the location. One Monday a month we rent out part of the Eagle Creek bark park for greyhounds only. Muzzles are a must. The fee is $5 per dog. If you're interested in joining us please PM me for more information.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest swippersmom
WASHINGTON STATE

Ft. Steilacoom dog park in Lakewood

9-10am on Sundays is a greyhound only hour at the "small and special needs" dog section.

Don't forget a muzzle!

Does this still go on? I see this is an old post and was checking to find places in Olympia?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sweetpea
WASHINGTON STATE

Ft. Steilacoom dog park in Lakewood

9-10am on Sundays is a greyhound only hour at the "small and special needs" dog section.

Don't forget a muzzle!

Does this still go on? I see this is an old post and was checking to find places in Olympia?

I was there (at the park) a couple of months ago and the sign was still up on the small dog area.

I live too far north to make the trip, but it's a great park.

dog park linky here's info on the park, but nothing specific to the grey-playdates.

Buzzy

Edited by sweetpea