Regularly Scheduled Greyhound Get Togethers

IAMs

Guest SweetFinish

Is there a group that meets in the Tampa Bay area? I know there's a lot of tracks around here, and we adopted two lovable girls, and we would like to know if there are any groups or if anyone is interested in starting one with us....

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tabby

any groups in the lower Alabama or North panhandle area of Florida???? Tabby would love to play with other greys. I wouldnt mind hosting if we can get any other greys!!! :colgate

Is there a group that meets in the Tampa Bay area? I know there's a lot of tracks around here, and we adopted two lovable girls, and we would like to know if there are any groups or if anyone is interested in starting one with us....

From St Pete. There is a St Petersburg Walking Club that would be interested in adding Greys to the mix......after the first snowfall. I have a friend with 3 greys who goes to Crest Lake Park and Lake Seminole Park when it gets cooler. My boys prefer to ride!! :lol

• 2 weeks later...

Greytfun2....That is only 5 hours from me! yeah! I am putting that on my calendar!! I want to attend a Grey function but they are hard to come by down here. This makes me very excited! :colgate

I'm a dork..I know. :blush

Edited by Tabby

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Greyterseattle

Hello,

I am the organizer of Seattle's Greyhound Meet-Up group "Seattle Greyhounds". All Western Washington greyhound owners are welcome to join us at anytime. The group just starting in 2012, and we plan to have walks and meetups with out greyhounds regularly. Also anyone can suggest a get together through the meetup group. Our first meetup is this saturday at 11am for a walk around greenlake.

Look forward to seeing you out there, and feel free to invite your greyhound friends.

http://www.meetup.com/seattlegreyhounds

• 1 month later...

I know this post was made a while ago, but did you find a group that meets in Tampa Bay? I recently adopted a 7 year old lady, and she needs some greyhound friends - she's a little scared of other dogs. If you didn't find a group, are you interested in forming one? Or do you know of any dog parks that aren't too crazy?

Thanks,

V

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Clearwater/ Largo/ Safety Harbor Florida Area Meet & Greets

Goldcoast Greyhounds Clearwater Chapter

1. Every Sat, from 12:00pm – 3:00pm

Petsmart at the Largo Mall - Ulmerton Rd & Seminole Blvd (map)

Meet & Greet contact: Bill Sharpsteen 727-365-8436

Adoptables as well as already adopted greyhounds. Come and see us! Ask questions or just hug a greyhound!

2. Third Friday of every month from 6pm – 10pm

Safety Harbor - Main Street (map)

Make plans to head to downtown Safety Harbor every 3rd Friday of the month. It's a street festival with music ,shopping, dining & more. The group is just off Main Street and Second. We have adoptables as well as adopted dogs present with their families. Always greyt fun and greyt turn out.

3. Fourth Saturday of every month from 11am - 2pm

PetSupplies Plus, 1500 N McMullen Booth Road, Clearwater

This is our newest meet & greet in the area. Come out and say hi, bring your greys and get to know us and help us make this Meet and Greet grow!

Any events or get-togethers in the Orlando area??

There is. With Goldcoast Orlando.

3rd Saturday every month: Petco, 375 East Altamonte Drive, next to the Altamonte Mall.

I am unsure of the time as it isn't on the site. They have a couple other events also.. http://www.goldcoastgreyhoundsorlando.com I hope that helps!!!

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jmckeone

Any get-togethers around Quakertown, PA (southeastern PA)?

My wife and I live in Qtown, PA.....we just got our 2nd greyhound a few weeks ago. Any meets in the area?

Jim

• 1 year later...
Guest Celestrina

My wife and I live in Qtown, PA.....we just got our 2nd greyhound a few weeks ago. Any meets in the area?

Jim

Not that I've heard, but Angie is always up for a good run! At GiG (Greyhounds in Gettysburg) they have an individual timed run and a free run in a baseball field. They must wear a muzzle during the free run.

• 2 years later...
Guest SoleSky

Hello, me and Suki are from Bucks County and are looking for some playmates for the summer time. Anyone in the area?

• 2 months later...
Guest allydave

Hello all!

My grey and I are new to the Seattle area and are looking for a grey group. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

• 5 months later...

We have a national greyhound event refrigerator magnet calendar with the names, dates, and the website addresses for each event which we give out at many of the East Coast events. It has information on the all larger events from February to October. You can pop it on your fridge and not have to search around for the date or the website of upcoming evcents.

If you'd like us to mail you a 2017 refrigerator magnet event calendar, just email your name and snail mail address with Calendar in the subject line to admin@GRtB.org

You may also sign up for informational email updates on the home page at www.GRtB.org. You may unsubscribe at any time.

• 2 months later...
Guest dashonthedash

Hello, me and Suki are from Bucks County and are looking for some playmates for the summer time. Anyone in the area?

I live in Bensalem with a greyhound named Shadow and a German Shepherd named Hannah. We would love to meet you and Suki.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anything in or near Miami, Florida?

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

• 1 year later...
On 2/5/2019 at 9:48 PM, MP_the4pack said:
  On 2/5/2019 at 11:04 AM, Will82 said:

New greyhound owner in Lansdale, PA. Interested in any events in the area or any good areas to take him for a run.

On 2/5/2019 at 9:48 PM, MP_the4pack said:

I'm 45 minutes away from you straight up 202. If you're interested in a playdate I have 1 quiet girl and an acre fenced.

I'm in Upper Bucks (Upper Black Eddy) and would love to make some connections (such as they are during the pandemic). The dog park in Frenchtown (NJ) is quite good. I regularly talk to people who drive up from Doylestown and further. I tend to hit it around 7am, which might be too early for you, but between the heat and the crowds, that's been the best time for me.