My Friends' 30+ Year Old Arabian Queen

Guest Zophia

I just got the news that my friends had to put down their 30-something year old Arabian mare, Haleeka, this morning. She was thin as a quilting frame, but full of spunk right up until today when she suffered a seizure. My friend, the boys' "Uncle Ekk" got her up once. But she then had another seizure that left her back legs completely paralized. They made the decision to release her to the next stage of her Journey.

Haleeka leaves behind her herd stallion, Arminius, and their two "kids" - a beautiful pair of young mares, Aseefa and my Princess - and joins her third, a colt named Rocky, to run free and young and whole and beautiful across warm desert sands as she always insisted she was meant to do. :rolleyes: (She also always seemed to insist that she was meant to live in the house as her desert ancestors would have done :lol )

Swift Journey, Haleeka! And be sure to brush a breath of warm desert wind across your mom to let her know you made it safely.

Guest hamiesmom

I'm so sorry for your friend's loss of their beautiful mare. But to live to be 30 something is quite something for a horse. I am a big lover of horses but to me the "Arabian" has always been my favorite for their beauty, speed, warmth, kindness and intelligence just as the "greyhound" is my favorite dog breed. God speed to this beautiful soul called Haleeka.

Marion

So sad!

We lost a quarter horse this past year who was 33 when he died... noble, right up until the last minute.

I'll be thinking about your friend...

My first horse was an Arabian mare, none are so beautiful as the Arabian. My condolences for your friend's loss. Haleeka is running faster then the wind and more graceful then the clouds. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I am so sorry. :( Go with the wind sweetie. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest DaffyToons

My deepest sympathy to the family.

I, too, have a 34-year-old Arab gelding named Dancer. I got him when I was 12 years old; and I'm 37 now. Still as hot as a firecracker, he is.

Haleeka's family is in my thoughts and prayers. Run like the wind, Haleeka . . . .