White Worm Found In Water Bowl

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Feeding the dogs tonight I saw a white thread thin worm like organism moving in one of the water bowls. It's approx. 3/8-1/2" long. I don't think I could get a decent photo of it I put it in a jar to take to the vet. Any ideas what it could be?

Guest MorganKonaAlex

How does their poop look?

It's been a fine consistency. I haven't dissected but I may need to now. I googled roundworm. It looks like what I saw. Yuck.

This is going to sound bizarre but have they had any access to anything that might have maggots? My parents left old marrow bones in the yard for thier dogs and then freaked out about round worms in the water bowl inside. Took a few days for everything to click! The dogs were transferring them in from the yard in their mouths... Ick

------

Jessica

Guest MorganKonaAlex

This is going to sound bizarre but have they had any access to anything that might have maggots? My parents left old marrow bones in the yard for thier dogs and then freaked out about round worms in the water bowl inside. Took a few days for everything to click! The dogs were transferring them in from the yard in their mouths... Ick

Yes they do! There are a couple of bones I the yard. Thanks

Yes they do! There are a couple of bones I the yard. Thanks