Quick Bag Balm Question...

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

Silly question, but does Bag Balm go bad? I have an almost full tin that's a few years old; the color is like a butterscotch candy. It smells okay, is it still good or should it be whiter like Vaseline?

I'd hate to put something bad on my kids' feet! Thanks :colgate

It's fine. It's supposed to be that color.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Harry702

Don't know if was the most perfectly safe thing to do, but my mom had the same jar of bag balm for us kids for as long as I can remember. And we used it often... no new-fangled neosporin junk in our house. :lol

Not that it answers your question perfectly, but we came out okay after years of using the same jar of bag balm. I think it's supposed to last for many years... as long as the cover to the tin is on it most of the time...

I have a relatively new jar at home, and it's a light butterscotch color.

Yup, I bought some yesterday and it's that same color! :) I love this stuff!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

It has something-or-other sulfate in it, which supposedly has antiseptic or other healing properties. In other words, it's not just goo. I don't think it smells all that bad; Beth seems to find it rather alluring, at any rate!

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad