Tragedy....

Guest rememberingSadi

Guest rememberingSadi

My adoption agency just informed us of a horrible tragedy that just happened this morning:

I just spoke with Arlene; they were just released from the hospital. She had 65 greys in the kennel, so far 9 have died and 26 are still in danger. ALL of the greys are at different Vets and emergency hospitals. The ones that survive are done racing because their lungs have been burned. It was a combination of smoke and carbon monoxide. When Arlene and Greg got to the kennel this morning at 5:30 all of the greys were passed out and of course a few were already dead – the ones nearest the AC. They had a very hard time getting the greys out of the cages because they were just dead weight and they had no masks or fans to blow the smoke and carbon monoxide out of the kennel so they could find the greys. There was overwhelming response from the paramedics and vets and firemen, Arlene says because of their response all of the greys were not lost. I will keep everyone posted as I know more. Of course when we find out what is going on we will have to find the remaining greys homes (foster and/or permanent). I do hope that we will be able to get some help from the rest of the adoption community here in SW Florida. This is a very sad day for some really wonderful greyhounds.

You can pass this on to anyone that you think might want to know.

:(:(:( I am so sorry precious babies...run free...Bless your precious hearts. :f_red:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

There are 9 new grey angels in heaven today. Prayers that the others make it through. What a horrible tragedy. My prayer to all involved and I pray for the remaining greys to find a home. What a sad week in the greyhound world. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Heaven has been BLESSED with many new grey angels.

GOD SPEED to all those who have passed in this situation and also in the NC situation.

Guest TilliesMom
It's hard to find words . . .  :(  :(  :(

Precious angels  :f_pink  :f_white  :f_pink  :f_white  :f_pink

My deepest sympathies.

1473773[/snapback]

My exact feelings.

May God look over these precious souls....those that have passed....and those that are trying to recover.

Guest FullMetalFrank

My sincere condolences to Arlene and her family and prayers for the remaining dogs; for those who didn't make it, run free, beautiful angels. What an absolutely awful tragedy.

Guest PhillyPups

There are no words, just a lot of private tears and silent prayers for the new angels at the bridge, and prayers for the Wootens as they travel this most difficult journey.

Guest GiJenn51

Wow, an unbelievable lump in my throat and welling tears in my eyes. I pray for the people involved and the greys fighting for their lives.

Run free sweet souls. Know you will be missed. I'm sure you are in loving arms over the bridge too.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Winterwish

OMG.that is terribly sad.I just saw this now. :(:weep Those sweethearts are free from worry & fear now.They are safe and will never know fear again,only joy. :brokenheart:f_pink:angel

How are the 26 who were able to be saved? I hope they are healed and have their very own ma & pa on the way. :grouphug

Guest Aushegun

I was told that nearly all of the affected dogs (over 30) were sent to Ohio to an adoption group there. Supposedly, the Ohio TV news mentioned it.

These things make me so sick...poor, poor greys...what a terrible death!

I'm so sorry... f_yellow

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest Lunula

OMG, how very shocking & sad... and before any of them got to meet their forever families... :cry1

Edited by Lunula

• 3 weeks later...