Ryeli Fluffer-nutter Brown

Guest sammiB

Guest sammiB

8 years ago I was living away from home while attending university. I got a 6 month old cat from the local shelter, and called him Ryeli. Although we had a family cat growing up, Ryeli was really special, and we bonded like I never had with a pet. He stayed with me through several moves, jobs, and educational persuits. I had him before I met my husband! Always playfull, cuddly, and 'chatty'. I told everyone about how he always seemed to emphasize the ME of meow, but that was okay, I loved him anyway! After five years, I moved back in with my parents; they were not happy that a cat would be coming with me, but figured it was only temporary. A year and a half after that, I was getting married and moving out. I was concerned about what to do with Ryeli because while living with my parents, he had become quite the outdoorsman, and very attached to my dad. I felt badly taking him away from his yard, neighborhood friends, etc. Well, my dad settled that when he came to me and told me that Ryeli must stay with them; it just wasn't right to take an outdoor cat into an apartment. I thought he would be mad at me for leaving, but he seemed to understand that I left him there for a reason. I am over at least once a week, and he would always greet me and get some lovin. Not long after I moved out, my husband and I got Santa, our greyhound. Ryeli 'accepted' him as well. I think he knew that if he had come with me when I left, he would have had to live with Santa, and he would much rather stay at home with Grandma & Grandpa!

Another year and a half later, and Ryeli was doing great with my parents. It was a family joke how my dad had become so attached to Ryeli, and took all responsibility for his care; feeding, litter, vet trips, treats, etc. I missed him so much, but he was clearly very happy and very loved!

Last night, Dec. 31 I went to my parents after visiting a friend nearby. I had been by earlier in the day, and dropped of the dog and my PJ's so I could sleep over that night. My dad woke me up this morning and told me that Ryeli had a stroke last night while I was out, and they had to take him to the emergency vet. The vet said that even if she was able to help him out, he would be back again later within a few months. My dad decided that it was best to let him go. All of this happend within an hour and a half of them realizing something was wrong, so we are thankful he was not uncomfortable for too long. We are also glad that he was in the house, not out in the yard, or else they might not have known that he was sick. The stroke paralyzed his rear legs, so if he had been outside, he would've been helpless! The staff at the clinic were great, and my parents were able to stay with Ryeli the whole time. He was even giving my dad little kisses!

We got a few pics of him last week at Christmas - opening a present from the neighbor cat, and then playing fetch with his coil toy.

We will all miss Ryeli very much. He was special to me, my first 'baby', but he also became such a joy to my dad. He will not be forgotten. We buried him in the back yard with some of his toys, in his favorite spot - the edge of the garden beside the Bridle Lace vine.

We love you, Little Orangman, wait for us at the bridge!

post-4866-1104641394_thumb.jpg

What a lovely tribute. I am so very sorry for your and your family's loss. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am so sorry for your loss. :( Have fun chasing those butterflies at the Bridge sweetie. f_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest auntiesara

I'm so sorry. It sounds like Dad never dreamed that he could love a little kittie so much! Just wait and he will send you a special sign that he's okay...

Sara