Buttons: Not A Greyhound,

Pippin

Dean Esmay is a blogger. While bloggers blog about anything - usually Dean blogs mostly about politics.

Friday, he blogged about his family's best friend, Buttons. Take tissues with you when you click the link.

It's a nice blend of good memories and current reality, with some wonderful photos. One bit that made me chuckle....

We also used to have a little ferret named Mindy. She's buried in our front yard now. But when she was alive, that little 2-pound fluffball used to be his favorite playmate. Rosemary and I will never forget the night we were in bed and suddenly heard the ear-splitting sound of Buttons yelping and screaching. We ran out, and found him laid out on his back on our ottoman with Mindy, that crazy little ferret, hanging on for dear life with her teeth clenched firmly to his lip--and him crying like a little bitch begging her to let him go.

He oughtweighed her by about 35 to 1. He could have snapped her in half in a second. But he'd never do that. We knew it, she knew it, and he knew it.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)