A Gift From Giggles

Guest Tiffany

Today Giggles "Leo's Gig" has been at the bridge for 1 yr. Giggles was a sweet, special little tiny girl we blessed our lifes for one short year after her owner decided she and her "brother" Linus didn't fit into his schedule anymore. Neither were in the greatest shape and need vet care. Giggles has an enlarged heart, fluid on her chest, congestive heart failure, and bad kidneys. We treated her and for a while she started improving. She played, she loved to eat, she loved Linus, she loved attention. She was sweet, gentle, would never hurt a fly type of dog. She was however a major spook and very sensitive. It stressed her so much to go to the vet that she had to be sedated. A few weeks after her first year w/ us, she fell going down the front steps. I took her in and they though she was just sprained it. Well she wouldn't put weight on it at all and started dragging it. They took more xrays which showed a major bone infection in an old injury and most likely cancer. She went down hill quickly and last year on this day we put her to rest.

This past Saturday Hurricane Jeanne hit our home, the third one this year (Charley and Frances too). Charley we did ok, we left for Frances, but couldn't afford to evacuate again. We made it thru ok, but lost power. Linus is 11 yrs old now and has been slowing quite a bit. He took the power loss very hard. I thought he was going to have a heat stroke several times. For 2 days we had no ice and couldn't get any. We did have water and soaked towels and put them on him to keep him cool, I bathed him and brushed all the loose hairs, soaked him w/ the hose, etc. He was going down hill fast and today was the worst and then all of a sudden the fan started twirling!

We got ice today and Linus is improving greytly. Casey and Barker weren't doing so well either, none of my Greys could take the heat. My Dobermans and small dogs were fine, but I had to stay up almost around the clock to keep wetting towels and making sure Linus, Casey, and Barker were drinking water.

Giggles knew Linus wouldn't make it long w/o air conditioning and she knew he wasn't quite thru being a pain in my butt here! Thank you Gigs! :)

Leo's Gig

Guest Joe_N_Mists_Mom

Wow, what a story, you have had a lot of pain within a years time. I am so sorry. I hope the end of this year and 2005 will be better for you!

I am so glad you got the power back on and some ice.

Hugs,

Tina

What a blessing. Lil' Gigs is working her magic from the Bridge. :angelwings I hope Jeanne was the LAST of the hurricanes for this year! :goodluck

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry for your frustrations. I too am coming up on a 1 year anniversary for losing Trevor. It has been a very melancholy month combined with these storms..... Do you live near Tampa?

I'm sorry about Giggles, but it does sound like she sent her brother a little bit of strength and good fortune.

Sending support :grouphug

Thanks! Giggles was a special girl and we will never forget her. I have a 8x10 pic of her w/ her beautiful collar from Around the Hound and her ashes on a shelf in my livingroom.

Trevdog, yes we are close to Tampa. I live in the Winter Haven area in Polk County. I'm about 50 miles from Tampa, but do shop there regularly as Polk Co is a bit slow when it comes to the better shops for the dogs, or better anything for the dogs! I'm also about 50 miles from Orlando, but really prefer Tampa as I am more familair w/ it and can always find my way home from there! :)

What a beautiful gift from a beautiful Angel. :grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

My deepest heartfelt sympathy.Just believe that "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" miracles can happen,as yours just did.Those anniversaries are just as hard as the day they pass over.Godspeed. :gh_run

What a beautiful girl your Giggles was! I'm so glad she was watching over all of you, and got that electriticity back on for Linus! Gentlest of hugs, the anniversaries are hard :grouphug

Guest auntiesara

We've been so worried knowing our Greys are so sensitive to heat. I know that our Angels are watching over us and I know Giggles loves her brother ....now I need to get a tissue....

Sara