Dino Your Always With Me In My Heart

Guest Dino

Guest Dino

I found myself crying at work today overcome with grief, I knew it is a year since Dino tragically was taken from my side and I think about him a lot, not everyday but almost.

I wish I had a special poem to write and post here but I just cannot come up with the words, a lot of tears and no words to respectfully remember my very special guy with.

I thank you all for your support when I went through the pain of this last year. I hardly ever visit this site anymore it is just too hard too.

Maybe someday I can join and post about a new Greyhound in my life but not today or tomorrow, but someday.

post-15-1086080114.jpg

Guest Dino

Dino

You were my gentle giant, I miss you so much. I will never run out of tears for you, I can feel you with me when I cry.

post-15-1086080295.jpg

Edited by Dino

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I think that says it all. *Hugs*

Clare and Dylan.

:weep I'm so sorry. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest how888

I hurt for you and with you for I feel your loss also. He will have a forever place in your heart and I believe we will all meet over that bridge one day.There are some days I just can't get Howie out of my head. I know he's watching over along with Dino. " SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW" :f_red:f_red:f_red

Guest Annie

I am so sorry for your loss. :f_red Dino looked like a beautiful and gentle soul. I know your grief only too well. I lost my heart boy Bond, just 5 days later. I would like to think, that because they were new, they became special Angelfriends. Perhaps in their renewed and healthy bodies, they have run with the wind and played like puppies together!

:angelwings:gh_run:gh_run:angelwings:gh_run:gh_run:angelwings

My thoughts are with you today. :f_red

Edited by Annie

What a beautiful fellow he was. I'm so sorry. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest Guest

Annie I loved what you said about Dino and your specail Bond being Angelfriends and running together. Dino had a lonely sad life befoer he came to live with me and I do hope so much that he is happy and running free with a friend or many special friends.

I smile at the thought of rainbow bridge and all the fun they have.

Thanks everyone for the kind words as always.

Karen - I'm so sorry about Dino. He was beautiful, and even though you didn't have him long, he must have known how much you loved him.

It's human to make mistakes, and the one that happened for you was tragic. I'm not sure you could have easily forseen it. I think it's really sad that you're still beating yourself up about it, and (I'm guessing) still feeling so much guilt.

You're not the only one to have lost a grey through a tragic, preventable accident. Laurie had her girl Emily run into a glass door and break her neck not long (I think three weeks?) after she got her. I know she still grieves, and still feels guilt, but she now has other greys and looks after them beautifully - and they do help to heal your heart.

It's time to forgive yourself. I hope very soon you'll feel able to take on another greyhound and give them all the love that you're bottling up. You've learned from that one tragic mistake. Time to move on.

:bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Time does not bring relief; you all have lied

Who told me time would ease me of my pain!

I miss him in the weeping of the rain;

I want him at the shrinking of the tide;

The old snows melt from every mountain-side,

And last year's leaves are smoke in every lane;

But last year's bitter loving must remain

Heaped on my heart, and my old thoughts abide!

There are a hundred places where I fear

To go,--so with his memory they brim!

And entering with relief some quiet place

Where never fell his foot or shone his face

I say, "There is no memory of him here!"

And so stand stricken, so remembering him!

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest TorynUs

I do remember you and Dino from a year ago. My heart goes out to you. You will never forget him and the love you shared even if it was only a short time, but a very special time. Perhaps Dino in his own special way will somehow let you know when you are ready to be owned by another, because he will want you to share that love. (at least that is what we like to believe our previous dog did for us, and she found us a wonderful loving hound who happens to have a birthday on the day our other dog passed away---pretty ironic--but nice to have something to celebrate that day instead of focusing on the death of our previous pet). You will always remember the wonderful moments you shared with your very special hound. Hugs to you at this hard time, but as you said, he is always in your heart. :heart

Guest mleg2001

I am sorry, the missing them never goes away, I lost my heartdog Buddy 12 1/2 years ago, every December I still cry for him, he had been on prednisone for the last 4 years of his life, as I learned more about medical issue, I go thru stages of what if...... but I will never be able to change the past but it is the future that I can change, I can share the love I had for Buddy with other dogs I can give them love and comfort right into there old age, when I lost Callie to cancer in December, I made a promise to her that offer the same love and patience I had for her to another special needs grey. I started my search a couple weeks after her passing, during my search I had set my hopes on 2 different greys but for one reason or another it did not work out, then a couple days before a haul was to leave Florida I got a call about a special needs greyhound that was selected for me and she would be added to the haul I was to pick her up in Buffalo on Feb 14th Valentine's Day( I have no doubt that Callie had a role in picking out this special grey) Here was this little black grey youngster who was totally terrified of people, even seeing them at a distance would put her in a panic. It is going on almost 4 months since her adoption date, I am just starting to be able to pet her if I am standing up but they one thing I have noticed is she has the same love of play and running and being silly just like Callie. Even though I can still feel the loss of Callie quite deeply, I know the love and patience I pour into Maya makes her loss easier to bare.

Guest Dino

Mleg2001 What a great person you are to take on a special needs greyhound I know they take so much more effort, I hope that one day she is able to show you the love and trust I am sure she feels deep inside. Give her a hug from me.

I know a lovely Greyhound is out there and our paths will cross when we are both ready.

I know your pain. It's so hard to forgive yourself--I'm not sure it's even possible. Sometimes it hurts like it was yesterday or an hour ago that I lost my Em. They get into your heart so fast, and even though Emily was only with us for three months, I loved her like I'd had her my whole life.

I wish I had words to comfort you, Dino's mom. I wish I could tell you the pain eases with time. But it doesn't. Just rejoice in the fact that for a time, no matter how brief, you had a very special light in your life. And nobody can ever take that away.

I believe we'll be with them again. I truly do.

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**