My Golden Girl

Guest Am_04

Guest Am_04

Four months a go I made one of the hardest decisions of my life, to help you to the bridge.

You were only with me for five short years but you touched many in your time. You not only taught me the meaning of loyalty and true love but all of those who you regularly visited "on the job". I am slowly starting to think about going back, but it'll never be the same without you by my side. Those you visited you touched forever...many still inquire about you, and still other's promise to keep you safe when there time has come until we can be together again.

You left me so suddenly, and that is the hardest part; for if I would of known that it would be your last night with me on earth I would of held you so close, not wanting to let go. Instead I said good night not thinking of the time I would see you no more.

I knew that morning that you were not well though you tried to hide it with a kiss and wag of your tail; at the time I wasn't sure what was wrong just that you weren't acting like your usual happy-go-lucky self; when we realized you were in trouble we rushed you to the e-vet twenty five minutes away, I knew by that time that your symptoms were caused by bloat and you were in such pain...seems that deep chest of your's was always causing problem and this time you just couldn't fight as hard; talking to the vet only confirmed my deepest fear...he did what he could to help you but said you wouldn't make it, you helped me so much in your short life I just didn't want to let go of you that easily. But I knew I had too it wasn't fair to you to make you stay any longer.

For Ginger, whose strong spirit will still shine

Your smiling face will now glow in the skyline

You always left your paw prints in the hearts of those you met

Sweet, protective Ginger, no one will ever forget

In loving memory of my Golden Girl Ginger, beloved pet, Assistance Dog, and Therapy Dog. (September 2, 1998-November 14, 2003)

May you run free with Keeshonden Shadow who also left me at the young age of five; after fighting cancer for two long years he passed in his sleep. (1990-1995)

Run free...run with the wind. :grouphug:grouphug I think that maybe Ginger was called for some special therapy work at the Bridge. :brokenheart:brokenheart

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest mantis

Tonight, go outside and look into the night sky, find the brightest star and that star will be your Ginger looking down on you. Sorry for you loss some day you will be together again. :f_white:f_white:gh_child:gh_face

Guest Ferrevergrey

(((hugs))) I'm sorry Amanda! It's always hard when you loose a dog so suddenly! It's been over 2 years now since I lost Sandy, and I still miss him!!!

Guest auntiesara

It's awful when there's nothing the vet can do to help. She sounds like a very special girl! I would also encourage you by saying we WILL see them again....

Sara