Sandy

Guest Ferrevergrey

Guest Ferrevergrey

2 years ago today I lost the best dog there ever was. He was everything a good dog should be, loyal, faithful, obediant, friendly, well behaved, but most of all trusting. I made a simple mistake, I didn't know it was going to end this way, but thanks to good friends I know his death wasn't really my fault, for if I'd known what was going to happen, I would have stopped it, and chanced the outcome, but maybe it was ment to be this way. Sandy is free from pain and sorrow, never again will he know hunger or pain, never again will he have to feel abandoned, or run away to find his family. Rarely does a day go by that I don't think of him, and remember the short 7 months he spent with us, but in my heart he'll live forever.

Sandy, I miss you my little lassie asso pupsie, your memory has paved the way for many wonderful things to happen in the future, but I think a part of me will always grieve for your loss. Life is cruel and often throws unexpected curves at us, and often leave deap wounds in the heart. You where such a wonderful dog, you where on this earth for far to short a time, but now you are free, running with the angels. I can still hear your sond that you'd sing every morning to let us know you needed to go out, to see the cute little dance you did, and to see your happy face. I miss strocking your soft curly fur, and I know to some extent the whole family still misses you. Take care my pupsie, I'll love you forever more, until we're together again.

post-15-1076504760.jpg

Edited by Animalover44

Guest thenightsend

I'm not sure why he had to be put down, but I'm positive you only did it with the best of intentions. Good owners would never let their animals go through unnessacary pain, and I know you were only trying to relieve him of that. He's in a good place now, and you gave him 7 wonderful months, and at that time it was all you can do.

Sandy is at the bridge, happy, and without pain. Someday he'll be delighted to see you again, and you'll know how grateful he is for all the love you gave him.

Guest Ferrevergrey

Sandy wasn't euthanized. We left town for a few days and my dad wouldn't let us take Sandy with us, and the idiots we left him with did everything we told them NOT to do. In short, Sandy excaped, tried to come home, got hit by a car, and the vet worked on him for over an hour, but Sandy didn't make it :weep You can imagine the heartache when I got a phonecall from my vet telling us that Sandy had been hit by a car, and a second message telling me that he wanted us to come into the clinic when we got home(he left the messages on our awnsering machine because we where still out of town). Somehow I knew what the second message ment before I even went to the vet clinic. But at least Sandy died in the vet's office, and not on the side of a road somewhere! He was loose for almost 3 days before he was hit-and the idiots we'd left him with never even bothered to call us and tell us he'd gotten away from them! They'd had him less then an hour :weep

Sandy knows you love him and I bet he'll be waiting for you doing his cute little dance and ready to cover you with kisses :wub:

The Angels will look after him for now.

Hugs from me and Mussie

xx

Guest Ferrevergrey

Thanks everyone. He was really a good dog, there where so many good things about him, but I guess I should look at it this way-he was perfect, he did everything a good dog should do, he was so wonderful that God wanted him back with him. I think a part of me will always mourn Sandy, but he's happy now, he'll be happy for the rest of eternity! No more collars, no more leashes, no more chains-he's free to do what ever he wants whenever he wants. As much as I may miss him at times, the fact that he's free and enjoying the heavenly rewards of being such a wonderful companion in this life gives me a great amount of comfort.

Edited by Animalover44