My Aunts' Rose

Guest Gideon

Well, Rose was not like any cat I ever knew.

Rose was the cat of one of my aunt's neighbors. She had her bf move in with her and Rose really didn't like him.

She took to living in everyone's backyards getting handouts, pets and hunted for the rest of her food. She was self sufficient to the hilt. When ever she came to a person there was like this little exchange of something like "hey, I like being petted and scratched behind the ears - are you ok with that?" SO, so friendly and considerate.

Before my aunt brought her into the home, Rose had already adopted our family. She would sit on the chairs out front and look in the window at all of us watching tv or talking. My aunt made space in the shed, then left a blanket out front then let her in the house.

So, happy hunting Rosey! May the little critters out there make you sleepy and full!

post-15-1072113024.jpg

Edited by Gideon

Just to add...

There is something so profoundly incredible when you earn the respect and love of an animal who does not need you. An animal that doesn't need your kindness or caring but just exercises its' natural freedom of choice to spend time with you.

Thanks Rose.

Guest BleusysMom

Dear Rosey....You found the Family here on earth that You choose to spend Your time with.....

You are a Very Smart little Lady, and will enjoy your time at the Bridge.....Watch over Your Family little Rose....they are loving you and missing You.....and Loving You all the more.....

I am so sorry for your loss. Godspeed Sweet Rose. :f_pink:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm sorry you and your aunt had to lose such a beautiful and loving friend.

Rose, I hope you are happily chasing mice and basking in the sun over the bridge now. Be at peace, little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.