Gator

Bingo123

This all started a few months before we got Bingo.A tornado touched down here in Mississippi,One of my friends was killed.Well,he had a Pit-Bull named Gator.His girlfriend had him,but could not keep him..Then his mother kept Gator for a while,But could not keep him either(A memeber of the family was trying to have a baby)...So i got to keep him.Now before this i was not a real big fan of Pit-Bulls,but Gator had something good about him.I kept him down at the barn...This was winter time so it was cold.The first few days i did not go into the stable with him,I did not know what he would do and i wanted to be safe.But a few days after that,he become attched to me.He greved himself to death over the death over his owner,He would not eat unless i was down there with him.So days past,and Halloween came..The day after i found him outside my window waiting for me.The hard thing for me to do is when my friend's mother came to get him,I could not keep him...I had a mare that was due at the time.Gator did not want to get into the van....He was trying to get in between my legs and go back into the house.I did not want to give him up at all!....Now heres the sad part,the day we went to pick up Bingo...we went to vote first.I saw my friend's mother and asked her about Gator..She told me they had to put him down cuz he was geting in the way of the baby stuff,and he just could not understand why everyone was not giving him any love.I hope he made it over A OK.

Melissa

Edited by Bingo123

Very sad... poor Gator. :( At least he is united with his beloved friend, and safe from the pain of this world.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thenightsend

That's horrible when people put their pets down because they want a baby... They should at least see if the dog is okay with it first. Pitbulls are great dogs they just need to be raised correctly. My boyfriend has a pitbull mix and she's a big baby.

Guest thenightsend

It's too bad you couldn't... They can be great dogs. At least he's without pain and in a good place with his owner now. That's better than being a stray. You did all you could to help him.