What's the Best Food Option?

Mobassir

Recently, I switched from kibble to 100% wet food, and tried to automate the whole process. Would you prefer
A) canned food - automated can opener, and then switch to the next can
B) freeze-dried food - automated machine to add freeze-dried food & water together to a plate, and then switch to the next clean plate.
C) defrosting frozen food
Please kindly leave an answer and I'd appreciate your sharing the reasons for the choice.

?????????????????????????????????????

You mean...  You're creating some sort of machine to feed your dog???  Or you'd like to be able to build up a freezer (or whatever) full of food for your dog to decrease your everyday prep time???  Not sure I understand the reasoning behind trying to accomplish this????  :dunno  

I've never heard of an automating can opening machine.  Or one that will combine foods.  Lots of people certainly feed frozen foods, but you'd still need to defrost and put it in a bowl for each meal (which doesn't seem to be decreasing your involvement).

All of the food types you're considering have good options for your greyhound.  I would urge you to be conscious of not just the form, but also the ingredients, and choose one that has a good protein source, and whole grains, in addition to veggies and other necessary supplements.   And don't settle on one before you find out if your dog will eat it, and if he will maintain proper weight, energy, and health while doing so.  Many all-wet options have too much protein, or no whole grains, and can contain a lot of additives that are not good for dogs like carrageenan and other thickeners.

Just FYI, there's no real reason to not feed all wet food, but it is significantly more expensive, which is why most of us feed kibble for at least part of our dog's daily nutrition.  There's also an increased chance of dental issues since there's no kibble to help clean the teeth as he's eating, so extra tooth brushing or daily dental chews will be really helpful down the road.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly