Sudden Aggression

We’ve had our greyhound for a little under a year and walking him was definitely one of the easier things to do with him up until now. Whenever my SO tries to take him out alone, he acts very differently than when I’m with them or with me alone. Whenever my SO tries to take him a direction he doesn’t want to go he growls and snaps at him. They basically stand there until I come over or he decides he wants to move again. My SO never had a problem walking him until recently and we can’t figure out the sudden shift in attitude.

*Something* probably did happen, even if it was only apparent to the dog.  Maybe there was an incident when they were walking, or perhaps he just doesn't feel that connected to your SO.  I would have your SO take over as much of the day-to-day routine care of the dog as possible - especially feeding.  See if a few weeks of that makes a difference.  Have your SO use yummy treats to persuade the dog to move when out on walks.  

Good luck.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly