Another Gabapentin Question

I have been taking Gabapention for years. I started with 100, then increased to 300 and now 600. I have not noticed any side effects at any of the dosages. NOW our foster who is 3 1/2 years old and 68 lbs has been prescribed 100 for a nerve problem. He has a damaged nerve and the vet says he can't feel his paw, and it may or may not get better.. I will look for any side effects, but there were no warnings from the vet. I hope this helps him. He was progressing so well up until now.

• 3 years later...

I am a HUGE proponent of gaba for humans and animals. My 18 yo cat has muscle waste, disk stiffness , separation anxiety and food anxiety.

Gaba helps with ALL of it. He does stumble for a bit but I believe it is because gaba is removing the pain communication from the nerves and now he has “find his feet”.

he seems content and no behavioral changes other than being more chill! 

I was prescribed gaba twice: once for sciatica and again for supplementation to an anti-anxiety/antidepressant that I have been taking for years but talked to my doctor about when it seems it isn’t working or isn’t enough sometimes.

i now take Gaba 600mg/3x a day and am back to feeling “normal”. My 18 yo cat is taking 50 mg 2x day (he weighs ~8 lbs)

better movement= better physical health=better mental health. (I am a 42yo female)

This medication is also EXTREMELY affordable! 

I thank God and science for it.

Edited by GabaLove
Typo