Intermittent Foot Drag In Young Hound

inugrey

My slightly over 2 year old hound is a wonderful healthy spry girl. She never was able to grade into a track and race professionally. Her back toes don't seem to spread out as much as normal greyhound feet. To my untrained eye it's like her webbing isn't long enough so the toes never fully extend. That is the preface to: In the past month or maybe a bit more I have seen her drop her back leg as she's walking. It happens very randomly and will only happen once (that I see) and then it won't happen again for days or weeks. It looks like a hip drop and she drags her toenail. Because I've had old hounds I immediately made sure she corrects her feet, which she does. Any thoughts on a young dog with this issue?

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Turbo used to occasionally drag a foot, but I never saw a cause for it. Have you done flexion and extension?

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Probably just a simple misstep. I know I am constantly tripping over nothing myself :lol

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

:lol I'm sure she's fine. Anyway, she's pocket sized, so you can always carry her around :P