Post Spay Activities

Guest kisstherain

Guest kisstherain

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble finding specific information on this, so here goes:

I am bringing home a second greyhound (yay!!!!) who will be spayed about 9 days prior.

I have been online reading and different websites give varying amount of advice on what the dog should or shouldn't do. I was wondering:

1) Would getting into the car (I.e. jumping to the backseat) be bad for her at 9-10 days? Or is lifting her to the backseat worse?

2) at 10 days, can she go on longer walks, I.e. 30min?

Guest Scouts_mom

The adoption group should pass on to you any post-operation instructions that still apply. As others have said, she most likely will have no restrictions, unless for some reason her surgery was abnormal.

Typically dogs are back to full activity between 10-14 days. Kili was at an agility trial 12 days post spay.

ETA: But Kili was on complete exercise restriction for the first 10 days (no walks, potty on leash, x-pen or crate in the house)... just to be clear! lol

Edited by krissy

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!