New Food Causing Kidney Disease?

Guest JsMom

Thanks. Can you elaborate on the difference in the urine levels between PLKD and a clot? Would there be protein in his urine with a clot/stroke? Sorry to be so ignorant, but I am having trouble sifting through the info online and don't have the numbers from the vet yet. After this weekend, we thought there was nothing left to do since we are not looking for higher vet bills or more trauma for him to go there. But I can get a urine sample and bring it in if the creatinine test rules out or confirms something else. The vet seemed certain about his PLKD (he didn't specify neuropathy or the other one that is escaping me ATM) so I figured that's it.

Some strokes in ghs are idiopathic and others are caused by the effects of proteinuria. When your hound loses protein (albumin) in his urine he is also losing antithrombin 3 by default (same molecular cell size). Antithrombin (AT) is an anticlotting factor. If the antithrombin is low enough it will make your hound hypocoagulable (predisposed to clots).